Captured

"Where are you, Lewis? I just wanna talk to you." Darko's chilling voice asked as he stomped loudly through the wet leaves of the dark, slug filled forest. Lewis's heart was beating so hard, he was afraid that Darko would eventually hear him somehow.

This was bad.

Not only was he running through the forest in the dead-ass middle of nowhere, but he didn't even know how to get out of there. All he could do was hide behind one of the giant boulders near the end of his path.

Lewis couldn't wake up; his body wouldn't let him--or rather, he wouldn't let him. His skin was changing color and a wave of dizziness hit him. He could barely stand up.

"The longer it takes me to find you, the worse it's gonna be." Darko growled as his footsteps grew closer. Closer to Lewis's hiding spot.

So the gamer remained quiet as the alter ego navigated through the area around the rocks, listening for a sign that he went another way.

By some stroke of luck, Darko was blind as hell and didn't see that Lewis was ten feet away from him. He walked past the rocks and down the rest of the path to an abandoned camp site.

Lewis breathed a sigh of relief and started making his way through the thick brush of the forest. When he turned around, he didn't see Darko, so he assumed he had gotten away. It was quiet in the forest around him now, and the end of the path was getting closer.

The cold air from the rain made Lewis tremble in his thin jacket. Wherever he was, it was close to a way out. Or that's what he thought. Before he could walk anymore, he heard Darko's voice return to the end of the path.

"Lewis......come out come out wherever you are."

Taking a few steps back, Lewis looked for a place to hide. No luck. It would be too loud if he tried to make his way back to the boulders and the trees around him were too slim. He was trapped. He couldn't escape. Couldn't wake up.

Darko went quiet for a moment before Lewis nervously turned around to see him standing two feet from him with a giant smile on his face.

"Found you."

------------------------

"Ryan? Dude, are you alright?" Seàn asked as the younger male started to swirve. The car was barely on the road to begin with, but now it was  getting closer to nearby obstacles that could very much hurt them if they crashed into it.

"I-I'm not sure. I just felt really dizzy all of the sudden."

Seàn looked backed at Lewis, who was extremely pale and fidgety with his veins very noticeably poking against his skin, and now the Irishman's eyes were widened.

"Ryan, stop the car."

"Why-?"

"Just stop the car!"

Ryan stepped on the brakes and put the vehicle in park before he looked at the terrified YouTuber beside him.

"What's g-going on, why are w-we stopping?"

Seàn didn't answer him, but instead, he opened the passenger side door rather quickly and climbed outside. Ryan joined him.

"You and Lewis are together. According to the book, when the alter ego finally takes over the victim's mind, their significant other starts feeling like they're going to pass out. It stops them from interfering."

Ryan glared at him, then his eyes widened in realization as he opened Lewis's door.

Seàn stopped him and blocked the seat with his shaking hand.

"Woah, what are you doing?"

Ryan took a deep breath before he gripped the top of the door tighter, surely nervous of asking his question.

"If I'm unconscious, what are the chances that I join Lewis?"

"Ryan, that's crazy. Not just crazy, but dangerous. Even though it's small, there's a chance you could never wake up if you go through with it."

"And the chance that I could join Lewis's dreams?"

Seàn's hand faltered and he let go of the seat, his expression changing from nervous, to determined.

"...... there's a pretty high chance that you'll succeed."