Ch. 9: Don't Fight Fire with Fire

Hello my lovelies! I'm back!

You need to thank @AshtonLuellaBurrows for convincing me to keep going with this story! Even I thanked her! This chapter is dedicated to @AshtonLuellaBurrows because she saved this story!;)

If you guys have any suggestions about the story, please, LET ME KNOW.

Well, ummm...

This is usually where I would write 'STORYTIME!' but unfortunately, I don't have a story. :(

Well, I'm guessing you want to read now since I left you at a bit of a cliff hanger...

CHAPTER...

What chapter is this?

Oh yeah!

CHAPTER 9!

Love, Meaghan

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

RECAP:

'Some girl. Is that all I am to him? Just some girl?' I thought. A tear fell from my eye.

The door opened and Louis stood there running a hand through his hair. He froze. "Ariel?"

I was angry. "Yeah. Some girl! Just some girl that you kissed! You jerk! You knew I'd never kissed anyone before, but you still kissed me! Now I'm just some girl who you made feel like crap! What the hell Louis?!"" I yelled in his face.

His face fell and he seemed shocked. I turned around and marched back to my room. The last thing I heard him say was, "She swore at me." 

END OF RECAP:

I slammed the door and shriveled into a ball once again. There was a knock on the door.

"What?!" I yelled.

"It's Louis."

"Go away!"

"No. Ari, I'm sorry!" he said letting himself in. I sat up on the bed, and he stood in front of me.

"I said, GO AWAY!"

"Please, Ariel, I love you!"

"No Louis! You boys were the worst thing that happened to me! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled. I quickly threw my hand over my mouth, regretting what I said.

"What?" he asked. A tear escaped from his eye.

"Lou, I didn't mean that. I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Can we forget this ever happened?" he asked.

"I'll forgive, but I can't forget," I said in a barely audible voice.

"I'm fine with that."

"Louis?"

"Yeah?"

"When you kissed me, did you like it?"

He smiled. "I felt complete," he stated.

There was I silence then I croaked, "Me too."

He looked at me hopefully. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

There was another silence then something started beeping downstairs. "What the-" Lou said.

"Help! Fire!" Niall yelled.

"Fire?!" we exclaimed simultaneously.

We bolted down the stairs and into the kitchen. There was an overwhelming cloud of smoke. I began to choke and quickly snatched the fire extinguisher off of the wall. I sprayed the stove in which Niall had attempted to cook on. I tamed the fire and the smoke cleared. The boys stood in the doorway, amazed at my job. I brushed by them and took out the batteries of the beeping smoke detector. I let out a deep breath and spun around.

"What the-" Harry began.

"When did you-" Zayn started.

"Who taught you to-" Liam said.

"Where did you-" Louis trailed off.

"Wow." Niall stated.

"Niall, what were you doing?" I sighed in annoyance.

"Well I was going to make pizza on the stove, but it caught fire."

"You put pizza in the oven, mate," Liam said. He picked a piece of cheese off of his face that was covered in sauce.

"Oh," he sighed.

"Yeah, oh," Harry laughed.

The boys all split up to clean the kitchen and help Niall, leaving Louis and I. I wandered off to the living room with Louis following close behind. I sat on the couch and my cell phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and glanced at the caller ID. I gaped at it in shock and fear.

"Who is it, love?" Lou asked.

"The hospital," I stated shakily.

"Well, answer it!"

I reluctantly hit the answer button. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hi, is this Ariel, guardian of Catlin Fields?" a lady asked.

"Yes it is."

"Well she did make it, but the treatment didn't work. She isn't doing too well. Can you come down and pick her up tomarrow? We think she might stay alive longer if she stays with you."

"Of course."

"Great. She's drugged now, but any time tomarrow is fine."

"Okay."

"Alright! Take care."

"Bye," I said, ending the call.

I looked at Louis. "She did it. She made it."

"That's great!"

"She's coming home. I'm not home!"

"She can come here!"

"Lou, she has nowhere for her to sleep."

"She sleeps in your bed, and you sleep in my bed. I can take the sofa in-"

"No. There is no way you are sleeping on the sofa out here."

"We can share my bed?" he suggested.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Positive," he smiled.

"You sleep with clothes on right?"

"I will," he chuckled. I smiled at him.

"Alright," I said, standing up. "You coming?"

"Where?" he asked, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

AWWW! HE'S SO CU-

No Ariel. He's your friend. He mustn't be cute.

BUT HE IS!

No.

TRUST ME, HE'S ADORABLE. NOW SHUT UP YOU BRAIN!

Psycho.

UGH!

I looked back at Louis, discontinuing the argument between my brain and my heart.

"Well I figured the boys might wanna know..." I said.

"Oh yeah!"

I smiled and he followed me to he kitchen to tell the boys. This will be interesting.