Chapter Seven

Eleanor's P.O.V.

I'm on a mission. Slipping silently through the empty hallways, McDonalds toy/weapon at the ready, peering carefully around corners and retreating into empty lockers at the sound of footsteps.
I'm on the search for a new school hiding place.

I was never going to tell Nicole or Emma about the 'Behind The Sports Hall' hiding place or the totally [not] original 'In The Cleaner's Cupboard'. But I figured I should tell them incase there was an emergency.
I'd tried my locker. My neighbour heard me breathing and reported me to her head of year. And it was pretty difficult to escape a confined space on time.
So I needed somewhere open, spacious, with a wealthy air supply and preferably a place to drop my bags or books. It needed to be somewhere I could have privacy, and maybe a silent panic attack or two (didn't want the girls opening the closet to find me in a state, like last time). It needed to be somewhere on the grounds, where students or teachers couldn't find me.

I was reading when I came up with the perfect place. 'The Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton. An old favourite I used to enjoy as a child. We have some pretty big trees at the bottom of the carpark...I picked one out with a nice hollow trunk. Nobody would be able to climb the tree, with the tight skirts us girls have to wear. Good job I'm so skinny I could do the splits in this uniform.
I throw in some old blankets and cushions, a small collection of snacks. Nothing too valuable...I carry my books with me, although my back suffers terribly. Oh, and the pig. The soft toy. Couldn't really let Piggy go, after we'd become so attached. Not even after the bullying started-I refused to blame Piggy.
She is a comfort, smells like home.

Emma and Nicole are probably looking for me, but I just need to be alone today. They always find me. When I'm crying, talking doesn't help. It makes me sick. I like to cry out my own problems.
I sit there, turning the McDonalds Minion toy over and over in my hands, and think proudly:

I defy all theories!
----------------------------------------------------------------
The next day I act cool. Like nothing unusual happened.

The three of us spend break giggling about the other day: the look the drive-thru guy gave Nicole when she asked for a happy meal; me walking around Next in chicken stompeez; Emma threatening to put that 10 year old in a body bag after he was checkin' her out...all of those memories that you say you despise, but that you truly treasure.
The best friend-i-ness ends when the 3rd Period bell rings. Nicole struts off to Languages. Emma sashays along to Biology with a few of her minions or lackeys or whatever. And me? I have I.T.

Woopidoo.

We're "coding". Basically copying and pasting a load of random brackets and abbreviations from this website and then pressing a button and KAZAM a website that is basically crap if you don't know how to change the layout.
Which I don't.

I might be able to find that out, if I can concentrate on my work. But the entire 45 minutes I'm working on my tribute to Tobias Eaton webpage, I feel like there are approximately 27 beady teenage eyes fixed upon me. Whenever I turn around, there's at least one person's pupils hovering around me. I shuffle awkwardly in my seat.

"Okay kids!" our new teacher grins, clapping his hands for no apparent reason. Nothing happens.
"Come on, settle down, settle down." Oh my God did this guy even complete his course in teaching. Don't act like you respect them, you loser! I scream in my head. They will kill you if you try to befriend them!
"QUIET YOU ANIMALS."
I like him more now.
"Okay, so what we're gonna do is walk-"
"URRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!"
I dislike him again.
"-I said we're gonna WALK around the room and take a look at some of the work everyone else is doing. A little peer assessment activity."
I think of how many hot pics I have on my web page. 23. Kinda creepy. Kinda hate the teacher now.
So we go on a stroll. I drag my feet on the floor and shoot the guy dirty looks to emphasiss my disgust. Most of the others do the same. Finally, something we all can share:hatred for IT.

Although I think my negative feelings are the strongest.

Christina Noales. Innocent looking girl. Let me borrow her pencil in Maths. Act of selflessness, kindness, friendship? Turns out, she's a traitor. There's a ten dollar bill just visible in the pocket of her jacket. And her website is all about yours truly.

Not that the teacher would notice, because she's used a sort of...code. But there's at least one picture of me (that proves she can't use photo editors very well) and all of the names her 'gang' has ever created for me are resting right before my eyes. She gives me a smug face from across the room, doing that sickeningly perfect hair flick she probably spent her Saturday practising.

I hear the sound of the printer churning. I look back to the screen. "Get your free Funky Flyer today! Just save the image, print, and share!"
Vomit dances in the back of my throat.

On the way out of class, Christina stops me in my tracks by waving the flyers in my face.
"Ooh, my, Eleanor. I'm sooooo jealous! You're going to be totally famous!" Her fake laughter pierces my ears.
"For doing THAT with HIM? Not true. I know who you all are. You're not the perfect girls you make out to be. You're the whore here, not me, you're the bitch, not me, why, why are you doing this??? Why ME? What did she say to MAKE YOU DO THIS?" My voice is bubbling with passion. I'm a bomb just about finally ready to explode.

But her gentle tone drowns my flame.

"Oh, Eleanor-ah. Revenge is sweet."
_________________________________________________
A/N:
Well today I'm suffering serious withdrawal symptoms from sugar.

Waiting for my Dad to get out of the shower and make me a hot chocolate.

Too small to reach cups and things...

Too weak and tired to lift a chair to stand on...

Just smacked my foot trying to jump up...

Basically can't be bothered.

I'm so weird. 🎶I know I'm not the only one🎶

Been waiting to do that.

Love you guys please vote and comment we really want people to see this story!!!

See you later alligator!
Eleanor ❤️💛💚💙💜💖