Chapter Two

Nicole's P.O.V { theoriginalablott }
I walked into the changing rooms with my mom alongside me. Dropping my selected pieces of clothing onto the bench my mom asked "Do you want me to go in with you?"

She can't come in with me. She'll only laugh at how ridiculous I look in my clothes. How my stomach sticks out because I'm so overweight. I know she's my mom but you never know how cruel some people can be.

"No, Mom it's fine. I'm a big girl now, I can handle things on my own. I'll be out soon anyway." I faked a smile at her after I finished my response. My mom is the sweetest person that I know but anyone can turn at the click of your finger.

I have to be perfect, I will be perfect. I always read books about how the popular girl is so perfect with her blonde hair and gorgeous facial features. How she is really smart. Has the perfect body. The long legs, small waist, tiny stomach. I strive to be like that. But, I just can't. I'm fat. F-A-T.

And I do everything I can but nothing ever works. My stomach bulges and my thighs wobble when I walk.

I try the crop top on. This was a big risk because of my stomach. The smile that was waiting to dance all over my face, was pushed into the shadows. I looked dreadful! My stomach stuck out in an awful manner. Why can't I lose weight?

I don't eat unhealthy food like chocolate and fizzy drinks. Oh god no, the amount of calories in one bar and one can knocks me sick!
I don't eat those. My dress size is already a size 4, I'm aiming to go down a size not up multiple! If I could just go down one size. That would be perfect. Maybe my stomach wouldn't be as big.

I tried the rest of the clothes on, deciding I wanted none of them. I looked too big in all of them. Putting my clothes back on, I looked in the mirror. Hopefully no one will notice my fat.

As we were leaving the mall, we walked past the food court. I realised I hadn't eaten all day. My stomach groaned with hunger.
"Do you want McDonalds? My treat!" My mom asked me. Maybe I should go for it, I'm sure just one treat won't hurt. No! If I say that then I'll just keep on eating all that rubbish and never achieve perfectness. Is that even a word?
"No thanks. I'm good." I responded, hoping she'd let it go.
She didn't.
"Do you want a salad instead?" She asked me again. She was pushing me, testing me. Seeing if I would cave in. Salads are a lot healthier but even fruit and vegetables contain sugar and calories. I can't do that to myself. I can't cheat. I will never reach the perfect point if I eat loads of calories and sugary foods.
"No it's okay, I'm not hungry." And with that we left the mall.

So hey, it's Nicole here. I hope you like this chapter. This took a bit to write. It's hard to write about problems like this if you've never experienced them. But it was a challenge and I like challenges!