014

XIV - VALEMURIA

"HELLO!" Valeria yelled from her position behind a rock.

"Who said that?" Polyphemus asked, stiffening.

"Nobody!"

Polyphemus' face turned red. "Nobody! I remember you!"

"I hear you are the ugliest in all of the land!" Valeria taunted.

Polyphemus bellowed furiously, grabbed the nearest boulder (which happened to be his front door) and threw it toward the sound of Valeria's voice.

"Hmm, poor aim, poor eyesight. It simply makes sense!"

Polyphemus howled. "Come here! Let me kill you, Nobody!"

"Nobody is unable to be killed," Valeria exclaimed. "Let us play a game! It is called hide and seek!"

She gave Percy a good luck nod before she ran out of the cave and the Cyclops went barreling down the hill towards her.

Valeria sprinted down the hill, kicking up grass as she went. Whenever she saw the Cyclops getting close, she would summon the shadows and travel a few feet ahead.

"Let me kill you, Nobody!" Polyphemus roared.

"Impossible!" Valeria boasted as she made a run back for the cave.

"I am going to kill Nobody!" Polyphemus cheered as he got closer.

Valeria was about to shadow travel again when she felt a large hand grab ahold of her and pick her up.

Valeria squirmed and struggled as Polyphemus shook her excitedly. Her eyes rolled backwards as he yelled, "I got Nobody!"

"Hah!" He said, shaking her around some more. "Nasty girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Valeria opened her eyes slightly and saw Clarisse, Grover, and Percy. She mouthed, go, as her brain was rattled around.

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered to Clarisse. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You, Grover, and Valeria— "

"No way," the6 said at the same time. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectible rams-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked, like he could not believe he had just agreed with Clarisse about something.

"All right," Percy said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

For anyone who does not attend Camp Half-Blood, Macedonia involved sneaking around and attacking from the back while someone distracted the enemy from the front.

Percy hefted his sword and shouted, "Hey, Ugly!"

The giant whirled toward him. "Another one? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you."

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool! I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again."