Chapter 5: THAT'S WHEN HE KNEW, HE FUCKED UP

Following my journey, you guys will realize that I am no good at handling pressure, since it will unfortunately make that trap of mine keep speaking nonsense.

That awful joke was proof of it.

I actually hoped for a short instant that it would faze him long enough for us to escape,yet that was a vain thought because only a second after I finished talking, we received a full blow of telekinesis in the ribs. Well Jiwoo did, since he was the one directly beside the red bastard while I, who was supporting his arm on his right, got hauled by the swing. We landed on the ground quite violently and in a wrong position at that. I immediately checked on the sunshine to be sure he was still conscious. Jiwoo was already injured from his fight with Wooin so I thought it was my role as the less maimed one to defend him. Thus, I tried putting weight on my hand to stand up only to realize that my arm wouldn't allow it. Fuck! I must have broken it while landing too harshly, it is already swollen and purple.

What I didn't mention about my power is that I didn't develop it enough yet to be able to just telepathically use it. I need to actually move both of my hands and to sign what I want to do, if I use only one my force will get halved. The biggest problem was that I couldn't freaking move a single finger of my right arm! I was still internally panicking while Jiwoo laid on the concrete unmoving. That is when he showed up. That fucking robot who dared do that to my little brother! Now it is two super experienced awakeners vs a girl with half her powers and a half dead boy. I really think the situation couldn't be looking more grim for us. While I kept looking for a way to flee, Wooin almost convinced his teacher that he could take care of us alone. I hoped he would succeed in his persuasion because my guts were telling me that it would be easier to take him on than his master. Unfortunately, Wooin didn't and the old man threw even more telekinesis on Jiwoo and wrecked his leg. The robot startingly tried to stop his master making me pause my contemplation and observe him shocked. He was actually trying to defend us!

- Master stop! He took the cat away from you but he is not a tracker! He saved it because he thought it was being abused.

- Really? I thought the uniform was familiar but does he go to your school?

- Yes, he is in my class.

- Wooin, you lied to me?

That seemed to have awakened the master's anger issues. He harshly threw his student on the wall before turning to us while promising to punish Wooin after. Red suit guy kept going about how it was unlikely for our meeting to be a coincidence and I obviously couldn't just shut up about it.

- How does it even make sense that two kids were sent to take care of you?! Honestly, did you also sniff the drugs you were giving to your cats?

- Just the simple fact that you two saw our experiments is enough of a reason to kill you!

As he was about to land another hit on our duo, a wave of telekinesis passed between us to stop him. Was that... Wooin?! He was actually protecting us. I got up to shoot a water ball at the old man's head to stop him from taking his anger out on our unexpected savior. But that only enraged him even more. He proceeded to attack us both with multiple projectiles that we kept dodging. It was quite a hefty task because I had to make sure none touched the still on the ground unconscious Jiwoo by blocking them with a shield. All those creations were starting to tire me. I could feel blood running down my nose and my head spinning especially since I have only been using one hand for my power while jumping and rolling around to avoid his attacks. It was equally hard on my new found partner's side since he didn't seem to want to hurt his teacher and thus, kept defending without attacking.