Chapter 2: AND WE ARE THE ONES WHO NEED TO FOCUS?

We had no choice but to calm down under the threat of the cat's claws. He took the opportunity that our silence gave to ask for our names. 

- I am Im Nara... , I answered.

- Seo Jiwoo... , he followed.

- I am Kayden, one of you, bring me that chair.

The jiggly body of the orange kitty seemed to have some difficulty getting on the brought over chair. After finally getting on,he threatened to kill us if we ever told anyone about him. I didn't argue against it because who would even believe us? This Kayden dude continued speaking.

- What's that fat cat? Look at that chin, that ain't a cat... wait... THAT'S ME?!

He then let out the most screeching noise I have ever heard before proceeding to faint.Which immediately made us panic and frantically shake the cat to wake him up.

After it finally awakened, Jiwoo asked the question that was burning both our tongues since we first heard the cat speak.

- How can you speak like a human, when you are a cat?

- I can do that because I am human, stupid.

- What? Is it like a magical power or something?I added.

- It's more complex than that but let's say yes, it has to do with my power.

- Also, why did you turn into a cat?

- Yes, and why were you all bloody when we found you.

- It is none of you guys business.

- Well kinda, I want to know if you are getting Jiwoo into trouble.By the way, if the answer is yes, leave right now, I told him glaring.

- Don't listen, Mr.kayden, Nara is just overprotective of me, we would be happy to help if you need it.

A silence settled during which I wasn't aware that Kayden was thinking: " Those two, they make an unusual combo. The boy looks stupidly naive(kind) with his constant smile while the girl appears to be more careful. Yet my instincts are telling me that when it isn't to protect that boy, she must be idiotically reckless too." The quietness having lasted several seconds now began to feel awkward before a grumbling stomach was heard. The blond softie, hearing that, told this Kayden dude to eat his cat food since he needed to recover and cats couldn't eat human food. Jiwoo decided to leave the room to let Kayden enjoy his meal.

- You are not coming with me?

- No, I am gonna stay a little to talk about some things.

- Ah ok!

...

- What is it brat?

- I wasn't kidding earlier, Jiwoo is a brother to me. If you make him suffer by bringing him into your problems, I am gonna make you regret it.

- What makes you think that I have problems in the first place.

- Come on, a bloody talking cat appears one day in our lives and you are trying to tell me you don't have a few secrets.

- Then what makes you think that you'll be able to "make me regret it".

- I don't know how strong you are, but if you really do hurt him, I will make it so that I am able to take proper care of your mug.