a night at the drive in

3rd person 

Excitement bubbled within Lily as she dialed the number to the Curtis house. After a few rings, a familiar voice answered, sending a thrill through her.

"Hello?" Dally's voice came through the receiver, a hint of curiosity in his tone.

"Hey, Dally, it's Lily," she greeted him with a smile, even though he couldn't see it.

"Lily, hey! What's up?" His voice sounded warmer now, a touch of excitement evident.

"I was wondering if you'd like to hang out tonight. There's a showing at the Nightly Double drive-in. Thought it might be fun," Lily suggested, hoping he'd agree.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you there," Dally replied eagerly, his enthusiasm matching hers.

As the night descended, Lily and Dally arrived separately at the Nightly Double drive-in. The soft glow of the movie screen illuminated the surroundings, creating a cozy atmosphere.

They exchanged playful glances as they spotted each other near the entrance.

"Hey there, gorgeous," Dally greeted her with a smirk, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Hey yourself, troublemaker," Lily teased back, enjoying the banter between them.

They didn't go in through the main entrance like everyone else. Instead, Dally led Lily to a hidden hole in the fence, a secret entrance they both knew about. Sneaking through, they found themselves in a secluded spot by the edge of the screen, where lawn chairs were set up for a perfect view of the movie.

Settling into the lawn chairs, they shared a blanket and whispered jokes as they waited for the movie to start. The thrill of sneaking in added an extra layer of excitement to the evening.

As the movie played on, their attention was more on each other than the screen. They shared popcorn and playful nudges, their laughter blending with the movie's soundtrack.

Throughout the night, their conversation flowed effortlessly, filled with shared jokes and meaningful moments. There was a comfortable closeness between them that felt natural and genuine.

When the movie ended, they lingered in their lawn chairs, reluctant to part ways. The unspoken tension between them was palpable, a silent acknowledgment of the growing feelings they had for each other.

"I had a great time tonight," Dally spoke softly, breaking the silence.

"Me too," Lily replied, her heart fluttering at his words.

As they said goodnight and went their separate ways, they couldn't shake off the realization that something special was blossoming between them, something worth exploring in the days to come.