arguments

Lily arrived at the Curtis house, eager to hang out with the gang and put aside the tension from earlier. However, as soon as she entered, she sensed a shift in the atmosphere. Dally's demeanor was colder than usual, and his curt responses to her greetings didn't go unnoticed.

"What's your problem, Dally?" Lily asked, her tone tinged with frustration.

Dally scoffed. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me," Lily retorted, her patience wearing thin.

Their argument escalated quickly, with harsh words exchanged on both sides.

"You always act like everything about you I never cared about you I don't know why you kept trying to hang with me you're a filthy broad you probably have messed around with everyone in the gang since I've been gone !" Dally accused, his voice tinged with bitterness.

that earned him a hard slap on the face from Lily Lily's eyes narrowed. " you don't care about anyone but yourself!" "I'm also not one of those girls like every other girl you've been around they are nothing more than my best friends.

The tension in the room was palpable, each word cutting deeper than the last. In the heat of the moment, Lily lashed out, her anger fueling her words. "Maybe Sylvia had a point. Maybe you deserved to be cheated on!"

The words hung in the air, the weight of them sinking in as silence fell over the room. Lily's eyes widened in realization of what she had said, regret washing over her.

Dally's expression hardened, hurt flashing in his eyes before he masked it with a defensive glare. Without another word, he stormed out of the room, leaving Lily standing there, her heart heavy with guilt.

Tears welled up in Lily's eyes as she ran home, the weight of her words weighing heavily on her conscience. She knew she had crossed a line, driven by anger and frustration.

Arriving home, she found her mother waiting, concern evident on her face. Through choked sobs, Lily explained everything, from what she thought were dates to the argument that had just occurred.

Her mother listened with empathy, offering words of comfort and understanding. "Sometimes, emotions get the best of us, sweetheart. It's important to apologize and make amends."

Lily nodded, wiping away her tears. She knew she had to find a way to make things right with Dally, to mend the rift she had caused with her words spoken in anger.