A Dance of Angels and Devils

Authors note: I wish to explain what exactly made Y/n an Overlord. According to Carmilla, it seems that Overlords are made if they rule over a few portions of the Pride ring. This is confirmed when we see Rosie ruling over Cannibal town and Carmilla having some kind of portion for herself when she refers to "her people". Y/n will have a district all on his own, the assassin district. Imp city, Y/n's old forest and the Goetia palace is here. The reason I'm saying this is for readers to understand who will be showing up later in the chapter.

We open on Vaggie and Y/n sitting across each other from a table at the bar. Y/n was awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact while Vaggie was doing the same.

The reason for Y/n's choice to avoid eye contact was due to the fact that he was currently dating someone who Charlie is currently dating, who is willing to stab him in the gut.

She couldn't, but she would most definitely try.

For some reason, Y/n felt as if he was home wrecking into Charlie and Vaggie's healthy relationship, something he obviously didn't want.

Sensing his nervousness, Vaggie looked at him with a calm smile before putting a hand on his causing the Overlord to flinch a little.

Vaggie: Y/n, it's alright. Charlie set us up this date remember ? You don't have to worry about a thing.

Y/n: I know, it just feels odd dating women again, since my breakup with Charlie a few decades ago. I just don't want to hurt yours and Charlotte's relationship is all.

The Overlord sighed a bit as he started to look around the bar. That's when he saw her.

Y/n's eyes widened and his breathing ceased instantly as he started at the back of the bar.

There in a booth, sitting in her purplish suit with a scar running along her face was an all  to familiar face to him.

Jaakuna was there.

If the lot of you do remember, Jaakuna was the mafia woman who was originally married to Y/n when they were married. The woman who beat Y/n and killed Y/n's first true love, Mitsuri.

The evil woman confronted him before when he first got his status of Overlord believing that if she killed him, she would get that status.

Of course both she and the gang she somehow already had got their ass handed to them by Hell's strongest Overlord but she still kept on coming year after year.

Even though Y/n can kick her ass 15 ways with just the use of his tail alone, Y/n didn't want to fight her because merely seeing her triggers his trauma of being beaten and seeing Mitsuri die.

Luckily for him, Jaakuna has yet to see him meaning he has enough time to escape with Vaggie.

Speaking of, while Y/n was having a form of PTSD with his psycho of an ex-wife, Vaggie was thinking of a way to get Y/n more comfortable with their new relationship.

Suddenly her eyes land onto a poster on the wall that said "Dance night tonight 6 pm.Come with your partners, or not and look like a drunk lonely asshole. We don't give a fuck".

There were some demons dancing already meaning they wouldn't be the only ones who look like idiots.

Vaggie smiled thinking this would calm Y/n down and be more open to this new relationship. She stood up and moved towards Y/n.

Vaggie: Come on, it's dance night tonight.

That seemed to snap Y/n out of his frightened trance. He grabbed Vaggie's offering hand and stood up from his seat.

Y/n: A-Are you sure ? I can't dance for crap, much less dance at all considering my lack of legs.

Vaggie: And what exactly were you doing with Alice when she first came to the hotel ? Come on, let's just have fun.