To be free and still feel caged.

Minho waited for Hyunjin to fall asleep and as he soon as he started hearing soft snores, he opened the door of his room, trying his best to be discreet. Minho looked around the house and he let out a little laugh, as he realized he wanted nothing from the house.

He had a myriad of flashbacks of when everything was fine.

Minho wanted to punch himself for hesitating, why was he even hesitating, when he had been locked in this house for months. It made no sense, maybe Minho really had lost it. He just had to leave before it gets worse.

With a last look back to the house, he left, muttering in a shaky voice. "𝘉𝘺𝘦 𝘏𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘯".

Minho did not realize that he was running, until he started getting shortness of breath. He did not know where he was gonna go, he was just running and running and running, trying his best to get away.

He came to a stop as he reached a train station, he was gonna leave Seoul, with the money he stole from Hyunjin, 𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦.

He was shaking as he sat down, he felt the heavy stares of everyone. They were probably wondering why a grown man was trembling and shaking with fear like a 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯, itwas truly pathetic, 𝘩𝘦 was pathetic and weak, absolutely weak.

His fingernails dug in his palms, leaving dark crimson crescent marks in it's wake. He was trying to be in control, he had to be control, he couldn't just breakdown right there, amidst strangers.

It was going to be a long, long ride.

When Minho opened his eyes, it was already morning, with his bag clutched to his chest, he sighed in relief, he was free now, free from the clutches of that 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯.

He was scared, of course he was scared it was a new place, a new start, Busan.

He got off the train, he was immediately enveloped in warm, warm sunlight and fresh open air, oh, how he had missed it all, all these simple little things.

He made his way through the crowd, he was most definitely gonna rent a small apartment, he needed a place to stay and he had enough money for it.

Minho laid down on the hard mattress, in his small, cramped apartment, the rent was incredibly cheap, cheaper than Hyunjin's shoes.

He closed his eyes, as he promised himself to stop thinking about Hyunjin, he was toxic and just wrong, wrong for him.

God... What had Hyunjin done to him.

Minho had lost the track of time, staring at the ceiling. He did not realize when day turned into night. His stomach grumbled in hunger, but he had no appetite. He had not eaten 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 since he had left Hyunjin's house.

He wondered how much longer could he go without food. Would he eventually die, or would he somehow survive without food and live? He didn't know which one he preferred more, to live or to die, probably... the 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳.

His sighs had filled up the stuffy room, he needed to get up and he did eventually get up. He quickly put on a hoodie and walked to the nearest convenience store.

He got some instant noodles, put it in the microwave and rubbed his hands together as he waited for the noodles. Some teenage girls passed by him, whispering and laughing to themselves. Minho dragged the hood of his hoodie over his head to hide himself, he just knew they had laughed at him and why wouldn't they, he looked like a thrown out, sick 𝘮𝘶𝘵𝘵.

He sighed as he got the food out and ate quickly in silence, not wanting to stay there any longer. He constantly felt like everyone was staring at him, 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 him. He felt the stares of those who were not even looking at him. He finished his food and got out of there.

He twisted and and turned on the hard mattress, it was too uncomfortable, but that was not the issue, he could not sleep no matter how hard he tried.

He closed his eyes, trying not to think about Hyunjin but to his dismay, he was 𝘢𝘭𝘭 he could think about. What was wrong with Minho? He was supposed to 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 that wicked man not 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 him. He could not even lie to himself anymore, it was too clear now that he had 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘵.

There was no tv here, he still had not gotten a new phone. There were no 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴, he was alone, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 with his sick thoughts.

Why was it that Minho was finally 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦, but he still felt 𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥.... 𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘏𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘯.

Minho eventually got a phone and job, he was going to work as a waiter at a seafood restaurant. He did not care what job he got, he just wanted enough money to pay his rent.

He was trying his pick himself back up and he was doing fairly good, according to him at least. He had a job and a place to live and it had only been a week since he left.

Minho sighed as he scrubbed the dishes clean. He had forgotten how 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 it all was. It was disturbing how easily he got tired and had to rest after every task. It was hard... everything was hard for him, if only he was a little bit smarter. He hated himself for being stupid and incapable.

He wanted to cry again, that was who he was, nothing but a 𝘤𝘳𝘺𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺, pathetic.

Everyday was challenging, a fight with himself, he was slipping away. He hated Hyunjin as much as he 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 him.

Sometimes he wondered what it would be like if he just went back to Hyunjin, he would probably torture him. Scratch that he shouldn't even have runaway in the first place... maybe that was wrong, or was it that he shouldn't have asked to break up, maybe if he had been a little considerate, a little nicer, all of this would not have happened.

Day by day, Minho found more reasons to hate himself.

Hyunjin probably hates him now, he betrayed him... 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯. He made him believe that he wasn't gonna leave only to leave him... 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯.  And he had every right to, Minho deserved to hated, he had broken his heart... 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯.

Author's note: Sorry for the wait, life's been shitty. Anyways I'm grateful to everyone who voted and commented, I seriously love y'all so much!