-24-

BREAKING NEWS: STRAY KIDS LEAVES JYP ENTERTAINMENT

Stray Kids announced that they are leaving JYP entertainment on Instagram. Bang Chan also stated that they will start an own agency and are working hard on it. "We're ready for something new and we figured this is the best decision. The fans don't have to be scared, since we still have an album coming up once we have settled everything," the leader said in their last interview.

The reason to them terminating their contract is unknown, but we support and respect their decisions.

If you want to read the full interview, click on the link in our bio.

———

Bora and I just read the headline and I hear Bora sigh. "I know they're happier this way, but that way we can't see them that much anymore, since they aren't able to walk through the JYP building."

I nod my head at her. "And they have less free time now." It's been two weeks since me and Jisung became official and we haven't had the time to hang out properly yet. We do text every day and Jisung always tells me he will come see me as soon as possible.

He also gave his parents my number and they have been texting me as well. Although it's been less that two weeks, they feel more like parents to me than my actual ones ever had.

Gaeun walks in her and Bora's shared bedroom and grabs her laptop from her bed. "Read the article and interview yet?" she asks and leans against the desk.

"Only the article," I respond and open the bubble app. The first thing that pops up when I open the app is a statement that Stray Kids will log off in a week. I close it and chat with some fans.

"I kind of feel bad about staying at JYPE, is that weird?" I ask and Bora puts her arm around my shoulders. "Of course not, he also said those things about you. But don't worry, we have all the freedom we can get."

Somehow, Gaeun arranged that JYP has no saying in what we do, so now our two managers and Gaeun herself have things to say about our group. Because of that, JYP entertainment doesn't earn much money of our group, since we do all the work now.

JYP is most likely not happy about this, but it's mostly his fault.

"Did Jisung tell you when they're moving out the dorms?" Gaeun asks and I shrug. "They first have to find new apartments. The owner of the building let them have all the time they need, since there's no rush."

Yes, everything's changing now. They won't be allowed in the JYP building anymore, only if someone invites them there. They're moving out their dorms, they're starting a whole new business, and all the money they make is for them and their staff only.

All their staff, manager, and dance choreographer are leaving JYPE with them, so they don't need to hire new people, only some people to help them with their agency.

But even because all of that, the eight boys couldn't be happier about their choice and are hoping to get back to work on their album, since they are now able to choose whenever they want to have a comeback.

I feel incredibly happy and proud of them, since they look happy and do what they love. It makes me happy seeing them happy.

"Do you think the news comes out about us being coupled loose from JYP?" Bora asks and Gaeun shakes her head. "Then people will suspect that us and Stray Kids have something in common with that. And it's not good for JYP's reputation."

Bora rests her head on my shoulder and looks with me on my phone, reading the comments our fans send us on the app. Gaeun walks to the door and opens it. "I'm going to do some leader stuff."

"Bye~" me and Bora chime at the same time and the leader leaves the room. Bora takes out her phone as well and opens Bubble. She makes a selfie of the two of us and posts it.

"Do you miss Jisung?" she asks and I nod. "A lot. But it will all be worth it in the end."