chapter-5 Ralph Mason

Stella talked with her parents for some time and at noon she leaves for her college taking her handbag. 

After Stella left the house, Leah said to Martin “ Our Stella becomes mature and understanding.”

Martin sighs “ You are right. I am very happy that she is our daughter who understands and respects her parents.”

Martin continued “ I'll call old Mr. Mason to tell him our decision.”

Leah said “ You call. I have some university work. I'll go to study. Call me if you need something.”

Martin said “ Hmm.”

Leah went to the study room to do her work. Martin dialled Old Mr. Mason's number. 

Starlake Manor

The starlake manor was a century old manor of the Mason family. This is situated in a vast area. The whole manor is magnificent designed with old craftsmanship and styled with various antiques worth millions. 

In the large Hall of the manor, old Mr. Mason (Ralph Mason) is sitting leisurely and sipping his tea while watching a tv program.  

He is almost seventy but has a good physique. He has maintained himself with regular exercises and a healthy diet. He has two sons and one daughter. Eldest son Sean Mason was now the chairman of Mason group but he rarely showed at the company. All the work is managed by his son Arthur. 

Ralph's second son Edwin's family has settled in another country. They manage that country's business. 

His third child Elijah married a big producer and is now living with him. He has no worries about them. Now he wants his eldest grandchild to get married. He already talked to Martin Harper about this and is now waiting for their response. 

Suddenly his phone started ringing. He turned off the volume of the tv while putting down his cup. He saw the call was from Martin. He immediately picks up the call. 

He said “ Martin, what a surprise. Your call enlivens this old man's soul.”

Martin smiled and said “ Hello Old Mr. Mason. How are you?”

Ralph pretended to be angry and said “ Hey.. What this old Mr. Mason.? Just call me uncle. I am not that old to be called old Mr Mason.”

Martin said “ Ok, uncle Mason. Actually I called you to tell you that Stella agreed to the proposal. But I still think that before proceeding this further we should arrange a meeting for both the children to get to know each other. And after that if they agreed, then we will fix the marriage. What do you say uncle Mason?”

Ralph was very happy to know that Stella agreed. But listening to Martin's suggestion, he also thinks that this is right for them to meet and get to know each other. 

Ralph agreed and said “ That's right. They have to meet first to know each other.”

Martin also said “ Yes, uncle Mason. You decide the venue and send the details to me. I'll tell Stella.”

Ralph said thoughtfully “ The day after tomorrow is Sunday. So lets fix the meeting on that day. I'll send you the time and venue after discussing with Arthur.”

Martin said approvingly “ Ok, uncle Mason. I'll hung up the phone now. Take care..”

Ralph said “ Hmm good.”

Ralph send a message in a family group named “Happy Family” . He told everyone to come back to the manor for dinner tonight and made it compulsory to all with no excuses. 

After that Ralph made a phone call to Arthur. The call answered and Arthur said in a deep voice “ Hello grandpa.”

Ralph said “ Have you seen the group message? No excuses that i have work or something. You need to be present at the dinner. Okay?”

Right now Arthur was sitting in a meeting, all departments head presents him their report. There was a complete silence at this very moment. 

After some thought Arthur said “ Okay I'll be there on time. I am in a meeting now so I am hanging up.”

Ralph said “ Okay then. Do you work.”

After the call Ralph ordered his butler to arrange everything for the dinner. He goes back to his room to rest. Anyone can see that today he was in a very good mood. 

The Mason Group 

After ending the call with his grandfather, the meeting begins. Everyone give their report. They all seems to be very nervous right now. The cold look on Arthur face scared the hell out of them. 

The meeting ends after about half an hour. Arthur give some instructions to the department head and left the meeting room. Nash followed Arthur immediately. 

Arthur sat on the couch in the president's office and loose his tie then opened the top two buttons of his shirt. 

Arthur said to Nash “ Cancel the tonight's meeting.”

Nash shocked and said “ But sir that was with our important client. Are you sure?”

Arthur said “ Hmm. Just cancel it. Grandpa told me to come for dinner tonight.”

After Nash heard Grandpa he shut up and immediately cancelled tonight's meeting. 

Nash said “ Sir, what do you think why Sr. Mr. Mason asked you for dinner tonight so urgently. Is he going to bring up the marriage topic as always?”

“I also get the same hunch. This will be confirmed tonight whether it is true or not? ”said Arthur. 

Nash suddenly get interesting and asked “ Sir, who do you think has the ability to get a approval from old Mr. Mason."

Arthur frowned and said coldly “Whoever it is what this has to do with you. Don't you think you are talking too much.”

Nash said in a low voice “ I just think that you already know her, that's why you are so calm and composed.”

Arthur said “ Go and do your work and don't disturb me.”  He closes his eyes to get some rest. Nash tactfully left the office. 

At the Pearl college of medicine

This college is the biggest and best college to study medicine. It has the best faculty, great infrastructure, laboratories, and highly qualified lecturers. 

Stella's class is going to start in five minutes. A girl named Fiona was nervously waiting for her in the classroom. She said to herself “ Stella told me that she would arrive before this class. Then why hasn't she arrived yet? If Stella comes after Mr. Crofter then she is done for. Oh… come on Stella, please come immediately.”

Why does Ralph summon all the family members to the dinner? Will Arthur come? Will Arthur agree with Ralph and meet Stella? Can Stella reach on time for her class before Mr. Crofter? 

Stay tuned to get these answers….. Do like , comment and follow for more updates……