cbapter-9 Arthur agreed

Arthur doesn't say anything. He stayed silent. Everyone is irritated at his reaction. Ralph lost his patience and said “ You brat, why are you not talking anymore. Your silence irritates us. Just tell immediately when you are meeting her? Remember you have no choice. You have to go and meet her.”

Arthur frowned and said “ Since you have already decided everything, how can I say no? Just tell me when and where I have to go to meet her.”

Ralph became satisfied by his grandson's answer and immediately said “ That's great. Then let's set the meeting a day after tomorrow i.e. Sunday. In that way you haven't had to leave your work and Stella also had no classes. I'll send you the time and location later.”

Ralph was very happy just thinking about his grandson's marriage. Arthur's parents and his siblings also looked happy. 

They started talking about other matters. After some casual talks Ralph left to rest in his room. 

After Ralph left, Cynthia looked at Arthur and asked “ Are you sure you want to meet that girl? Once everything gets fixed you can't back out, you know that right?”

Arthur looked at his mom and understood what she was implying and said “ Don't worry mom. I have thought it through. I am serious about meeting her. You know I have already investigated her. She is indeed a very good girl with no schemes. So I thought there is no harm in getting to know her.”

Cynthia said “ That's good to hear that you are serious. If everything goes well and you get married to her, take good care of her and always make her happy. Don’t mistreat her. Be an ideal husband just like your father. Okay?”

Sean smiled when her wife complimented him. Sean and Cynthia had a love marriage. With time their love is always growing and their bond becomes stronger. 

Arthur agreed with his mother and said “ Mom as I said I am serious and I mean it. Once she comes into my life she'll never ever have any problems in her life. I'll always take care of her. So don't worry.”

Cynthia nodded with satisfaction “ Hmm. That's good.”

After saying good night to their children,Cynthia and Sean also left for their room to get rest. 

Arhtur looked at Ian and Anna. They are curiously watching Arthur. 

Arthur sensed something was not right, so he thought of going back to his room. Just then, Ian and Anna sat beside him. They capture Arthur in between them. 

Ian said “ Brother this is not you, right?”

Arthur frowned and said “ What do you mean?”

Ian replied “ No I mean this not your usual self. You always react differently whenever your marriage's topic is brought up. But today you didn't react much and you even knew this girl named Stella before. Something's not right. Tell us you fell in love with her, that's why you didn't say anything today, right?” 

 Anna also nodded and agreed with Ian “ That's right brother you seem different today.” 

Arthur was first stunned after hearing this and then said “ What nonsense are you guys talking about … I ..fell in love with her? Impossible...At least not for now.”

Arthur said the last sentence in a low voice.

But Ian and Anna had already heard this. They both looked at each other and immediately understood the hidden meaning. 

Anna said “ So you are saying that you are not in love with her now but you will fall in love with her with time. That means brother…you already started to fall for her. You just haven't realised this yet.”

Arthur said “ You guys are talking nonsense. Well I have a lot of work to do. So I am going back to my room. You guys keep talking. Don't stay up too late.” With that Arthur left the living room area with a thought in his mind that if he really fell in love with Stella. 

He realised what he was thinking. He said to himself “ Arthur you are just influenced by Ian's words. I don't love Stella. I just think that she is likeable and nothing else.”

With that thought in his mind, he left. Ian and Anna just saw him going. Anna said “ Brother that's unpredictable. He really falls for someone. I mean… that's amazing, finally big brother is not single anymore. There is going to be someone by his side.”

Ian said “ Yeah, I'm also happy. We all know that brother doesn't share his worries with anyone. He always manages everything alone. If he finds someone he can share his things or talk to ..that would be great.”

Anna also agreed with Ian. They talked for a few minutes and went to sleep in their rooms. 

At the Hostel

Stella comes out of the bathroom after taking her bath. Fiona was studying at her study table. They already had their breakfast. 

Stella also sat down on his chair and began studying. These past few days have been so hectic that she missed her classes. Now she has to cover the topics she had missed. 

Just then Stella's phone rang. She saw the call from her father, she picked up and said “ Hello dad, how are you? And have you taken your medicines?”

Martin smiled and said “ Yes my princess. I have already taken my medicine. And as you said I am also preparing to resign from the university, happy now?”

Stella said “ I'll become happy when you get proper treatment and become healthy again.”

Martin sighed and said “ I'll get the proper treatment but whether to become healthy or not is still unknown.”

Stella doesn't know what to say. Martin continued “ Forget about it. I called today to tell you that old Mr. Mason called me earlier to tell me that his grandson Arthur agreed to meet you. So we have decided to arrange a meeting on this Sunday. I'll text you the time and location. Okay?”

Stella said “ Okay dad, I'll go and meet him then.”

Martin happily said “ That's good. Then I'll not disturb you anymore. Take care. By.”

Stella also said “ You also take care dad.. By.”

She hung up the phone and began thinking about the meeting with Arthur. She doesn't know what will happen in the meeting but just thinking about the meeting makes her nervous. 

Will Arthur already fall in love with Stella? What will happen when they meet? 

Keep reading… and do vote and comment … and follow me for more updates…