chapter-6 College

Fiona was getting very uneasy for Stella. Just then a girl with a face full of makeup, dressed in a short dress and has curly hair and curvy body came to Fiona and said “ Hey Fiona you told us that Stella comes to the class after noon. Then why hasn't she come yet? Looks like she is going to be the centre for Mr. Crofter's anger.”

By saying this she laughed and with her some girls that came with her also laughed. 

This girl's name was Linda Carter. She is one of the trustees' daughters. That's why she was always on cloud nine and looked down on people,especially Stella. She doesn't like Stella because she is a topper student and every teacher gives her praises. 

Linda becomes so jealous of Stella that she always finds a way to humiliate her. 

Fiona was going to say something but before her a handsome guy berated Linda and said “ What's it with you Linda if Stella comes to class Or not? I don't think this is any kind of your business, right?”

This guy's name was Harold Tucker. He is the most handsome hunk of the university and comes from a very prominent family. He is also a topper student like Stella.He has a crush on Stella from the first day of university. But he didn't have the courage to confess to her. He has decided to confess to Stella on the last day of their graduation. 

Linda looked at Harold and blushed a little. She liked him and she knew that he didn't like her but Stella. She didn't understand what's so good about Stella that everyone likes her? In her eyes she was the most beautiful. This is also the reason  why she hates Stella. 

Linda said “ I was just concerned about Stella . You all know that Mr. Crofter hates any student absent from his class without any leave. And from what I know Stella has just taken a leave till noon.”

Fiona said angrily “ That's none of your concern Linda. And Stella has said that she will be there on time.”

Linda ignored Fiona and said said “ Whatever” And left. She can't wait to see Stella being embarrassed in front of whole class by Mr. Crofter. 

Just then she was thinking that she saw Stella coming from the door and she stomped her feet in anger. 

Stella goes straight to her seat and sits beside Fiona. Fiona asked Stella with concern“ Stel, where have you been, you know you almost took my life. I was just being so worried about you.”

Stella looked at Fiona and said “ Oh my dear Fiona I just got stuck in traffic. Don't worry,see I am here before the class starts.”

Fiona said “ That's good you are here on time. You know Linda was ready with all her followers to create trouble for you if you a minute later or so.”

Stella just smiled at her, and didn't say anything. She always knows that Linda doesn't like her. However this feeling was mutual. Stella also didn't like this kind of people who always put on airs wherever they go.

Stella noticed that Harold was also there with Fiona. But she didn't say anything to Harold because she doesn't like to talk to people she doesn't know enough. For her Harold was just a classmate and nothing else. 

When Harold saw that Stella didn't pay any attention to him, he smiled to himself and quietly left and sat on his seat. 

Fiona noticed the change of expression on Harold's face but she didn't say anything because she knows that Stella doesn't like him. 

After few moments, Mr. Crofter comes while carrying class materials in his hands. Whole class becomes silent at his arrival. Mr. Crofter stand straight and began his lecture. 

Stella and the whole class listened to the lecture very intently. Mr. Crofter was strict but he provided his lectures with full detail of the topic. Every student understands his lecture. 

After an hour the lecture ends. Mr. Crofter took his things and left the classroom. The whole class became lively again. 

Linda again came to Stella and said “ Stella you get lucky today that you arrived in time. Next time be careful.” With that she left. 

Fiona said to Stella “ Stel what exactly is her problem?”

Stella said “ Whatever it is, why do we care? Let's go and have something to eat at the cafeteria. I am starving.”

Fiona replied “ Let's go. I am also feeling a little hungry.”

They both left the classroom. Harold has his eyes always on Stella . His friends who were sitting with him saw this and sighed. 

Harry who was sitting on his left said to Harold “ Oh come on mam, for how long are you going to look at her from a distance? Just be brave and go tell her that you like her.”

Jack also said “ Yes, just go and confess man. You always said that you will confess to her on graduation. But who knows someone will confess to her before that. Then you will have no choice but regret.”

Harry said “ exactly my point.”

Harold listened to both of them and replied “ Don't say like this. Nobody can take her from me. Haven't you guys noticed how many boys have been rejected by her in these years. She doesn't want to get into any relationship for now. That's why I am not confessing that if I do she will also reject me. I'll wait for us to graduate first and then confess to her. In that way I have high chances that she will accept my proposal.”

Harry and Jack said, “ Do whatever you want. Just don't regret it later. And also don't blame us for not warning you.”

After this they also left the classroom. 

Stella and Fiona reach the canteen area and order some coffee and toast. They sat on a table nearby.

Stella lives in her hostel on weekdays allotted to them by college. She got the same room as Fiona. That's how they got to know each other. On weekends Stella goes back to her villa to stay with them. Or sometimes she accompanies Gloria at her apartment. That's how her life is going till now. 

Fiona fills her up about the events that happened at the hostel yesterday. Stella listens to it and laughs with Fiona. 

Will Stella know that Harold loves her? Will she ever accept him if he proposed? Will Stella successfully complete her studies with Linda's continuous bothering? Will Linda cause further problems for Stella? 

Do read and follow to get these answers… … like and share my story and do support it……