chapter-18 feelings

Stella, Gloria and Fiona left the food complex after finishing their food. Stella and Gloria talked with Fiona then they bade goodbye to each other.

Stella goes with Gloria to her apartment and Fiona goes back to her hostel. Stella is going to spend her night at Gloria's place tonight.

The Pinnacle

Inside the private room of 'The Pinnacle' restaurant on the second floor of the food complex, two men sitting opposite each other are continuously looking at each other.

None of these two are giving up. They stared at each other with their eyebrows raised.

One of these two men is Arthur Mason and the other is his childhood friend Chase Foster.

Arthur and Chase know each other from their school days. Arthur was cold to the outside world but he was caring and had a soft side for his family and friends. Chase was one of those people whom Arthur cared the most.

Chase also has a good family background. The Foster family was known for serving in the military. Chase's grandfather and father both served in the military. Currently they are enjoying their retired life.

His family also wants Chase to follow their steps but he chooses a very different career. He studied law and then opened a law firm named 'Justice Law Firm'.

As the name suggests, his law firm fights for justice till the end. In the last three years, his law firm gained a massive foothold in the city and became one of the best choices for people with legal matters.

After some time of staring at each other, Arthur broke the silence and asked " Just now whom are you looking at without blinking?"

Chase also questioned him " You were also looking at someone so intensively. Come on, spill the beans, who was she?"

Just a moment ago they both noticed Stella and her group on the first floor. They witnessed the scene that happened there.

There Arthur noticed that Chase was looking at Gloria with some other emotions. And Chase also noticed that Arthur keeps looking at Stella.

Arthur stayed silent and didn't answer him. He said " I asked first so you tell me about your matter then I'll answer your question."

Just then the gate of the private room opened and the manager walked with several two waiters.

Manager smiled and greeted both of them and said " Mr. Mason...Mr. Foster. Here are your dishes. Enjoy yourself and tell us if you need anything else."

They both nodded and said nothing. The manager respects them because he knows them and not many people know that this restaurant belongs to Arthur and Chase also has some shares in it.

Manager then left with waiters and respectfully closed the gate himself.

Arthur then continued " Now tell me?"

Chase knows his friend and gives up arguing with him. He said " Her name is Gloria. She works in my law firm as an intern for about four months I guess."

Arthur narrowed his eyes and asked " Just an intern? The way you are looking and feeling hurt for her makes it a totally different story."

Chase sighed. He knows he can't hide anything from him. He said " ok fine. Yes I like her from the day she entered my law firm. She is completely different from others. You know what in the law firm people believe everything I say. They all flatter me. But she is the first one to question my decision. This makes me fall for her even harder."

Arthur listened to his friend's love story and asked " Did you confess to her?"

Chase dejectedly said " No, she always maintains a proper distance from me. For now she only considered me her boss and nothing else. So I am waiting for the right time to confess when she starts feeling different for me."

Chase continued " Okay that's all about me. Now tell me your story. As I know you, you always maintained a safe distance from the opposite gender and never wanted to be associated with them. But you are looking at that girl just now so intensively which completely shocked me."

Arthur looked at him while taking a bite of his food. He put down his cutleries and said " Her name is Stella. Grandpa chose her to become my wife. He arranged for us to meet tomorrow and have a chat to get to know each other."

Chase got so shocked that he choked on his food. He takes a few sips of water to calm himself down.

Chase can't accept this. He said " What did you say? Arranged marriage? And you agreed so easily to meet a girl? Woah..... It's so unbelievable."

Arthur frowned at his reaction and said " My grandfather always chooses best for me. I think there is no harm in meeting her. So I agreed. What's a big deal?"

Chase said " It is a big deal, ok? You know yourself better. You always oppose this topic like a plague and now you agreed so easily. There might be something that I don't know, right?"

Arthur said " What are you trying to say?"

Chase smiled and said " Just now you looked at her like she is your everything. Tell me, you already have a soft spot for her before even meeting her right?"

Arthur furrows his brows and thinks that he was indeed his best friend. He knew exactly what was happening inside him.

He remained calm and said " It's not like that. It's just that I investigated her and after that I found her quite likeable. I thought of giving this a chance so I agreed to meet her. Nothing else."

Chase's smile grew bigger after hearing this. He laughed and said " Ok..ok.I believe you. I am waiting for that day when you fall so much in love with her. That site was going to be quite spectacular."

Arthur doesn't react much and just shrugs his shoulders.

Arthur knows that he can't keep this conversation going. So he changed the topic and started discussing some business matters with him.

Then they eat their food in the midst of their conversation.

That's all for now.. Keep reading Love Will Grow.. Do vote and comment..