Freedom - It's A Trap!

Grey POV

It's been about three days, we couldn't leave the hotel for an extra day due to the weather, but we managed to get on the move again towards our destination. Ironically, most of our Juggernauts were gone now since we couldn't star them again after the weather struck. Those of us who had a Juggernaut still were Shin, Anju, Theo, Raiden, Kurena, and I. Everyone was hanging out in one of the trailers that we were pulling, which only Theo, Kurena, and Anju were doing since we needed less supplies with less units. But it was still enough for us to notice the difference since we had to leave some of the supplies we had behind to accommodate our movement. I considered what was to come, because I had no idea how close we were to the Republic of Giad, we had to ration what we had to the best of our capabilities. However, my thoughts went silent when the voices of the Legion went silent as well.

Everyone was dead silent, it was so abnormal to me that I knew this was an issue. But I heard it, he was here, "Grey, let's settle this, you and me." Cronus was here, and I knew this would be the only chance I had. I took a left instead of the right everyone else was doing, Kaie was the first to notice, "Grey, what are you doing?!" I used my grappling hooks to pull down some of the rocks, blocking my path, "Cronus is here, I'm going to face him. Shin, there's likely an attack up ahead, no matter what, we're trapped." Shin was silent, but his response let me continue on without delay, "Understood, good luck Grey." I sped down the road, turning my pararaid off so Kaie's shouts for me to return didn't distract me. My goal was Cronus, I could make it on my own from here, I had the skills to survive at least.

I was soon in an open area surrounded by the forest I had entered, the arena for Cronus and I. Cronus stood there, alone, a one on one with a former member of my squad. I spoke, "Hey Cronus, I'm going to free you today, so you can pass on in peace." Cronus shouted, "Why would I want to die!? This new form, we never get sick, never grow old, never feel pain. More than that, I joined the winning side like this. Why don't you join us, Grey. Return to us, join the winning side, and become made new under the Legion." A metal arm extended to my Juggernaut, like it was trying to shake my hand. I took a stern look, "Take that offer and shove it up your ass Cronus, this isn't you, I'd never willingly become the thing that my squad has been tormented by for ages." I drew my blades, my gun ready to fire, "So bring it on, you head in a jar." Cronus retracted his metal hand, "Then I'll have to take you by force, our angel." 

I shot forward, my Juggernaut creaking under the sudden strain I put it under. Cronus, despite his size, rushed with speed I never seen in Rei. I noticed some areas had less armor, he removed armor to lessen his weight, thus making himself faster, he was truly a one of a kind Legion unit now. I swung one of my blades at one of the legs, and as if my blade was but a twig, it snapped upon contact. No damage, no chipping, it just broke. I looked to it, then said, "I know where the armor went now." He used the armor to bulk his legs up, and now I was down a blade because of it. I began to run around him, speed or not, I needed to see the potential weaknesses. The ammo supply was a spot to hit, but he could have moved it, the vent was there, but he might guard it if I strike it too soon. I heard a massive explosion, looking over, there was fire in the skies, "No, not the Morpho." Cronus shouted, "Now you see why you will fail! The Legion and it's might will not be stopped, not now, not ever!" 

I shot one of my rounds towards the main body, but Cronus was quick to avoid it. I smirked, his armor wasn't as thick as Rei's, this gave me a chance even Shin never had to take a Dinosauria down. I was slowly entering the zone, the battle seemed to move in slow motion as I picked and prodded my former comrade's new tomb. While I couldn't break his legs, I could scratch the body, so I was choosing to aim for the wires that connected to the legs, not the legs themselves. Cronus, annoyed, shouted, "Stay still Grey! Quit being such a coward!" I shouted back, "If I were a coward, I would have brought my friends with me, but I'm here alone, this is the bravery I can put into action!" I leapt forward and cut deep this time, I could see wiring and exposed internal components, "Besides, all is fair in love and war Cronus!" Cronus slapped me away with his liquid metal hand, "There you go with those quotes again! They won't save you Grey!" I flipped the Juggernaut in the air, my shot had finally come, despite everything, the air was the weakness of all tank like units.