Chapter 3 : School Starts

Right before Skylars step mom came home the girls had a meeting in Skylars room.
"So what is this about?" Asked Gabby.
"Well, we can't just walk into school sporting wings, tails and powers, however cool they are, so we need to come up with a plan and make a reasonable disguise to hide our not-so-normal powers and things." Explained Skylar. "Hey, how about you just wear a jacket or vest at least to hide your wings, Skylar." Suggested Gabby.
"And I can just wear a hat or a hoodie for my ears." Said Kyomi.
"I don't have anything to hide and neither does Gabby." Stated Tori.
"Well I have to be careful with water at least..."said Gabby with modesty.
At that moment they heard the front door unlock and open and Skylars stepmom's voice rang out,"Skylar, honey, are you home?"
"Time to go." Said Kyomi and the four of them walked towards the front door, Kyomi, Gabby and Tori to go home and Skylar to greet her stepmom and to walk her friends out.

The next day, they all got ready to face their first day back at school and at hiding their powers. Skylar showed up first wearing a soft, blue jacket/sweater that stopped at the bottom of her ribcage with a cute, white Hollister shirt underneath and long, faded skinny jeans. Kyomi was second in a misty blue surf shirt and white jean shorts. For her ears she wore an original but cute hat that had a knitted wolf on it and she wore leather combat boots she got from who knows where. Third was Tori wearing her usual getup: a tank top and shorts. Last but not least was Gabby in a cute, pink mini dress with black leggings and headband.
Once everyone was there, Gabby said, "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" And with that they walked into school and started their day chatting about teenage middle school stuff and and momentarily forgetting the craziness of the weekend.
When the bell rang for homeroom, Kyomi and Gabby left for Mrs. Kales class while Tori and Skylar went to Mr. Lucius class. That was how it went through out the day, splitting up and finding each other again always trying to stick together.

As the end of the day neared and Skykar was walking alone to 7th period, a boy came running down the hall, trampling over people as he went. He had dirty blonde hair and annoyingly handsome caribbean blue eyes. When he reached Skylar he shoved her aside while she protested a "Hey! Watch it!" and kept on running.
She turned around to enter Ms. Gonnella's class muttering, "That just ruffles my feathers!" And shut the classroom door.

As soon as Gabby heard someone coming, she hurried around the halls corner to avoid being run over and ran right smack into a cute guy with forest green eyes and dark black/brown hair.
The worst part was that he was holding a camo canteen filled with water that splashed all over the front of her dress....."Oh no!"exclaimed Gabby and looked at him in panic.
She spun around quickly and rushed to the bathroom only faintly hearing the boys "I'm sorry" and reached the bathroom stall just in time to transform onto the slick tile floor. "Ouch!" Gabby said propping herself onto her tail and evaporating the water.
"And yuck!" She said after getting up off the floor and taking in the grimy tiles. Unlocking the door, she ran to class thinking up non magical excuses to why she was late.

As soon as she flung open the door to her last period math class, the bell had rung and everyone was already in their seats...Except for her.
She walked to her original seat -which was still open- quietly trying to not be noticed but the teacher, who saw her movement, said "Ms. Nelson! You are LATE for class! If you were here you would know that you do not sit there anymore. Your new seat is over there with Mr. Walker. Stand up please Mr. Walker." The boy from earlier stood up and blushed.
"I will excuse your tardy for now but I hope it doesn't become a habit of yours am I clear?" Mr. Carmen, Gabby's teacher, said.
"Yes sir." Answered Gabby and she ducked her head shyly.
"Alright then now go to your seat." Said Mr. Carmen. Gabby quickly walked towards her seat and sat down next to the boy. When she sat down the boy smiled at her warmly and put a scrap paper note in her desk. Mr. Carmen had gone back to explaining algebra so she carefully opened and read the note.
It said, "My name is Zach what is yours? P.S. I'm sorry about the water, it was my bad." Gabby wrote back, "It is ok it only startled me that is all and I forgive you. My name is Gabrielle but everyone calls me just Gabby." That started a whole conversation (on notes) that lasted the entire period and Gabby and Zach became good friends. Turns out, Zach and Gabby even have most classes together which made it even better.