14.

14.

CJ

When I came home from the station I didn't see Quinn anywhere. Luce had gotten up from the kitchen table and greeted me with a kiss on the cheek as soon as I walked in.

"Hey C, how was your day?" she asked me, bright and cheery, blue eyes shinning. I smiled and responded politely out of habit, but I didn't want to see blue eyes when I got home. I wanted to see brown ones.

After our regular polite conversation, Luce drifted away to the kitchen to start on dinner. Tonight was pasta pesto and grilled chicken. I lingered at the island counter as she pulled out ingredients from the fridge.

"Well I'll let you do you," I said with a slight chuckle. "I'm gonna take a quick shower," I told her, my body itching to know where Quinn was.

Luce nodded and gave me a half hearted "Mmm hmm!" So I started towards my bedroom. I paused though, my hand on the knob.

"Luce, have you seen Q-Spinner lately?" I asked awkwardly, hoping she didn't catch the first "Q" sound I made. I hated switching back and forth between his damn names but he would kill me if I let Luce know that his real name wasn't actually Spinner.

Luce turned around and gave me this strange knowing look. She had one eyebrow raised and looked as if she was about to scold me for something. But she didn't.

"He's taking a nap in there, so be quiet," she said, surprising me with a normal tone before turning back to her food.

I ignored the skip in my heartbeat and giddiness to my smile, carefully opening up the door and shutting it gently. Quinn was asleep in the pitch-black darkness; the only sign of him a lump of my blankets. I so badly wanted to climb on the bed and wrap him up in my chest and watch him groan with sleep before trying to push me away but not succeeding. But Luce was a room away. So I sighed, and left for the bathroom, turning on the shower instead.

I shut the bathroom door and began undressing, hanging up my uniform on the back of the door. I pulled off my boxers and kicked them to the side before reaching out and testing the heat of the water. It was still cold. I sighed, and then reached for a towel by the sink to wipe my hands when the door swung open and hit me right in the head.

I swore, taking a step in front of the now open door, rubbing my pounding forehead.

"God Luce, couldn't you have waited a few minutes before trying to use the bathroom?" I said, not even bothering to check and see if it actually was her.

"It's your other bitch," I heard Quinn mumble, sending my heart into a panic as he pushed the door fully open, tumbling inside, his hands landing on my chest.

"Oh for fucks sake," I heard him swear, his voice a whisper as his wide eyes roamed my completely naked figure. I watched his bottom lip gracefully fall open as his eyes moved lower down my torso and stopped between my legs. "I knew it was huge," I heard him say to himself, causing me to burst out laughing at the absurdity of it all.

He blushed fiercely, looking back up at me, but he didn't look bashful. He just shook his head at himself before pushing my chest lightly for all my laughing.

"Shut up," he mumbled, making a move to turn around and head back through the now open bathroom door. His strange willingness to leave caused my eyebrows to furrow and my chest to sink. I grabbed his hips and pulled his back into my body.

"Where are you going?" I asked, burying my face in his neck. I don't know what the hell had gotten into me, but suddenly it was like I hadn't seen him in forever. I just wanted to touch him.

"I...uh...bye!" Quinn managed to breathe out, wrenching himself from my grip and practically sprinting out of the room and promptly shutting the door behind him.