16.

16.

CJ

It wasn't until after six that I was pushing open my front door; training new kids was always burdensome and long, but Topher made it easy. He listened and never talked back, he was a good kid and was going to make an even better cop.

I half-expected Quinn to be passed out on the couch or in my bed, considering the kid slept a lot. What I did not expect was to open my apartment door and find him at the kitchen table doing homework. I swallowed down the strange queasy feeling in my stomach as I shut the door and his eyes snapped up to mine, brightening and smiling instantly. I needed to remember my place. My place as a cop who was watching a boy until he got better. A seventeen year-old boy, to be exact. One I needed to stop advancing so quickly on.

"Hey," I said casually, tossing my stuff down on the island counter. "Sorry I didn't make it home for lunch, I'm training a new officer this week. The hours are going to get kinda weird, but I have off tomorrow at least."

Quinn shut his notebook and smiled, pushing his seat out from the kitchen table and heading for me. He leaned up against the counter about a foot away from me, still in his too-big pajamas like always.

"That's okay. Val came over earlier to drop off more work and she brought some sandwiches from the Deli," he paused, his eyes lighting up. "Which reminds me!" He stopped, turning around and quickly heading for the oven, resuming his speech. "I, uh, ordered some pizza?" He turned, glancing at me over his shoulder as if he were asking permission. It was adorable. He opened the oven. "I got pepperoni because I remembered that was your favorite. Oh, and Val brought over slice and bakes too," he finished, pulling a pizza box from the oven, setting it down on the counter.

His actions made my stomach queasy again, but this queasy was different. This was the happy butterfly rainbow queasy.

"Wow," I said as he turned around again to grab a few plates. I felt myself walking closer to him but I'm not even sure if I even meant to. "You're amazing," I felt the words leave my lips as I finally reached him, my hands unconsciously drifting to his hips, my face pressing against his neck as he breathed out harder, bringing the plates from the cabinet to the counter.

"Carter," I heard him mumble as I pressed myself into his back, brining my head back enough to lightly kiss his cheek.

"What," I responded in the same manner, pressing my lips to his neck now. Whatever had come over me since I walked in the apartment had complete control over my actions. I wasn't logical anymore, I couldn't resist him. I was lovesick. As soon as I was in his presence nothing mattered but him.

He moaned my name again, and that's when I suddenly started to get really horny. Like really horny. I felt my hands slide up his thin t-shirt, caressing his taught but bruised skin, careful to avoid the stitches. My lips were at his neck still, but they were hungry. I couldn't keep myself from sucking on the pale delicate area below his jaw and then the protruding collarbone I had easy access to when I peeled his shirt away from his neck.

The whole time I kissed him, I felt myself growing more and more aroused, and he could tell. My front was pressed up against the small of his back and he began to push harder against me, something he usually did to seduce me. And it worked. My fingers dug into his hips harder and I spun him around to face me, picking him up and placing him on the counter behind us as he gasped and smiled, pressing his forehead against mine, giggling. I looked into his deep brown eyes and practically melted. He was so damn adorable.

I pressed my lips against his gently at first, but he wasn't having that. He pushed against my lips harder, hands around my neck as his tongue forced its way into my mouth.