Chapter 1

Vesper pov

I climb up into the air duct and out of the vault just in time for the lasers to come back on.

Perfect timing as always Vesp. If I do say so myself. Which I do! Ha!

I push the duffel bag of money and jewels in front of me as I crawl back the way I came. The roof.

I had just gotten into a vault at a hotel/casino in Vegas. This is my last job here because I got a bunch of nosey detectives on my tail. Next up New York City!

"In New York City! And now's the time you gotta stand tough! 'Cause if you work hard you can rise up! Anyone can make it, even you! IN NEW YORK CITY!" Ok I'm done.

I love watching my 'crime scene' on TV! Can't wait till they show it on the news.

I run jumping off the roof using my cape as a parachute of a sort. I land and roll onto the roof of the next door building. Another perfect job. I run down the stairs in the building I landed on. I quickly pull my suit off so I'm just in sweats and a t-shirt. I shove my suit in the duffel careful not to drop any money.

I walk away from the hotel with the duffel over my shoulder and my head phones in. I love my jobs!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Ladies and gents! The Moon Lifter strikes again! At midnight today in Las Vegas the hotel Mirage owned by Terry Benedict had a break in and $60 million was stolen. The money for all three of his casinos was temporarily being stored in a vault in the Mirage, while the Bellagio vault was being upgraded. Terry Benedict gave this statement: "I don't know how the cat found out but I do know that it won't happen again."

"Here is a picture of the crime scene. As always Moon Lifter left their name, a cat statue, and a taunt. Here is a voom in on the graffitied name on the vault wall. My sources tell me that it's being analyzed for anything that could provide a lead."

"This is by far the biggest job the cat burglar Moon Lifter has pulled. There is still speculation on if Moon Lifter is really half cat. I am J. Jonah Jameson and this is the Daily Bugle thanks for watching."

"Bahahahaha! 'There is still speculation on if Moon Lifter is really half cat.' I have ears and a tail! Ain't it obvi!?" I fall backwards on my couch kicking my legs in the air. This is hilarious! I love this dude! He's so stupid!

Knock knock

Eh? Who dat?

I get up and walk over to my door pulling a knife from under the coffee table.

"Hey please don't stab me again!" A nervous raspy voice came from behind the door.

"Ay you should have texted me you were here before knocking on my door!" I said putting the knife down and opening the door.

"I did." Eddie said giving me the stink eye. Jerk.

"Whatever. Come on these boxes won't pack themselves!" I said pulling him into the living room where all the packing stuff was.

"I can't believe you pulled that job. Especially because it's already been done." He said as he went and sat on the bed.

"Oy if it's been done, it can be done again and better too. So I did it again! Haha!" I laughed as I flopped back on the couch.

"Your crazy you know that?" Eddie said as Venom's disembodied head appeared behind him.

"Yes you might be crazier than us!" He said in his deep voice. I laughed at him as I grabbed a box and started tossing movie boxes in it. Don't judge me for being 'old school'.

"Us!? I'm not crazy! You two are!" Eddie said smacking Venom and pointing a finger at me.

"Don't point it's rude. Besides pointing at someone will make your finger fall off." I said nodding my head enthusiasticly. I turned my music back on, lower now though because I didn't want to hurt Ven.

Peter pov

"This is by far the biggest job the cat burglar Moon Lifter has pulled. There is still speculation on if Moon Lifter is really half cat. I am J. Jonah Jameson and this is the Daily Bugle thanks for watching."

"So your not the only one he's nosey about." Tony said from his place sitting on Buckys lap.

"Yup he's just as nosey about them an actual criminal as he is about me!" I grumbled. Jonah hated me for some reason and it was starting to get on my nerves.

"Wait just a second folks I just got a video from the crime scene. It appears Moon Lifter forgot to turn a camera off. Here's the video.

"Do do do do do
Baby I'm preying on you tonight
Hunt you down eat you alive
Just like animals
Animals
Like animals-mals
Maybe you think that you can hide
I can smell your scent for miles
Just like animals
Animals
Like animals-mals
Baby, I'm
Don't tell no lie, lie, lie, lie
You can't deny-ny-ny-ny
The beast inside-side-side-side
Yeah yeah yeah
No girl, don't lie, lie, lie, lie (no girl don't lie)
You can't deny, ny-ny-ny (you can't deny)
The beast inside-side-side-side
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yo
Whoa
Whoa
Just like animals
Animals
Like animals-mals
Just like animals (yeah)
Animals (yeah)
Like animals-mals (yeah)
Meow!"

The whole time Moon Lifter is jumping around, dodging and dancing through the lasers and singing. By the last bit of lyrics and blasting music, they made it to the other side of the vault and opened a panel in the wall pushing something that made the lasers go away. That's when they, instead of howling like in the song meowed...

"Well that's all the video shows... Thanks for watching."

"That's funny." Tony snorted.

"That's unprofessional." Bucky said shaking his head. A few months back we were in DC for an event at the same time Moon Lifter was. Three robberies in three museums in the three days we were there. Obviously we didn't catch them. They are extremely slippery and stealthy as well as being completely unprofessional.

A/N- New story for y'all! Just a reminder that Vesper is genderfluid and I will be using they/them pronouns when talking about them and she/her or he/him pronouns when it's known what gender they are during that time.