12)To him, she's a hidden treasure

Thea looked at Aaron in disbelief.

Did she hear him correctly? Or was she mistaken?

She couldn't understand what was going on inside his mind at all.

Aaron looked at Samantha, who was equally dumbfounded and stared at him like a fool.

He coughed lightly before saying, "Can you move somewhere else for the time being?"

Samantha quickly recovered and smiled from ear to ear, while popping up her butt from her chair.

"Sure, sure."

She sat beside Greg. Greg's face darkened.

"Don't you have another seats apart from this one?" He asked looking displeased.

Samantha shrugged. "Why? Can't I use this one? Don't tell me that you are allergic to girls. Or... by any chance, are you gay?" She asked mockingly.

Greg rolled his eyes and glared at her angrily. Suddenly he got a great idea. He took off one of his stinky socks and put it on the corner of his desk close to Samantha.

"Yuck! It stinks, you idiot! Throw it away!" Samantha shouted angrily.

Her face filled with disgust. When she looked around to find another seat, she accidently saw Sofia looking at Aaron and Thea's direction. Sofia's face was filled with black lines.

Samantha quickly walked up to her and sat beside her with a smile.

"Hi Sofie, What's up?" She asked in a fake cheerful manner.

Sofia sighed and looked away. She clenched her fists on her lap.

"Aaron is too much! When I heard Thea's problem, I wanted to help her right away. But he stole my opportunity, humph!'' She mumbled without thinking twice.

Samantha who thought she was jealous of Thea: "..."

Aaron took out Thea's maths book and turned the pages, looking at her methods of solving the problems. He sighed and shook his head.

"You have to improve yourself... alot." He stated seriously like an old teacher.

Thea pouted her lips.

She wanted to say that it wasn't her. But she remained silent as Samantha instructed her not to reveal who she really was.

"Can you help me?" She asked very softly.

Aaron thought for a while before saying, "Kk, But you have to pay me for the tution." He couldn't hide his smile when he said it.

Thea thought it through and nodded her head. "Okay sure, Money isn't a problem."

She knew that her new family was so rich thus she wasn't worried about paying him. Plus, he was going to sacrifice his precious time for her. Therefore, it's fair to ask her to pay his fee.

"No, no. You don't have to pay me. I was just kidding." Aaron said, shaking his head.

He really didn't need her money as he was also from a wealthy family and they were even more wealthier than Thea's family.

Thea raised her eyebrows, looking confused. In the novel, Aaron never took the initiative to help Thea, much more to joke with her like a true friend.

'This improvement is so fast and great. It's not difficult as I imagined it would be.'

Thea was delighted at that thought. Soon, she will be able to win over the male and female leads and settle down in that world.

"What are you thinking?" Aaron asked out of nowhere, causing her to break her chain of thoughts.

Thea quickly hid her smile.

"Nothing, nothing." She blurted out.

Aaron wasn't happy. He had seen her smiling and thinking about something else when he was right beside her and talking to her!

'Whom she was thinking about? Was it a boy? She even grinned like a lovesick puppy. Is there anyone who's better than me?' Aaron arrogantly thought.

He didn't even realize that he was thinking about Thea's personal affairs too much. It was none of his business, wasn't it? But he didn't seem to understand this logic.

"We will be facing our ACT next year. You should only concentrate on that. Put aside other useless stuff." He said, catching Thea offguard.

Thea wanted to smack her head. Why didn't she think about it earlier? She spent most of her time roaming around freely. In the end, she wasted an entire day.

In this lifetime, she wanted to show who she really was. In her previous life, she lost her rights to learn due to her poverty. This time, she should take advantage of her fortune and wealth and attend to a best university on her own effort.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Thea said meekly, lowering her head.

Aaron was surprised to see her like that. But he felt satisfied and relaxed.

"It's good to see that you finally understood."

Thea listened to her maths teacher very attentively. She wrote down important points and gave them to Aaron so that he could check them. When she was stuck in a question, Aaron immediately came to her rescue. He was amazed to see how fast she could catch up with him. She made a huge progress within such a short period of time. He was sincerely happy for her.

When Aaron finished all of the questions written on the board, he glanced at Thea who was sitting beside him. She was like a little machine. She didn't even look around and her eyes only focused on the questions on her book.

Aaron had heard of hidden treasures. Some people would never recognize their talents and leave the world without gifting anything or proving their abilities.

Thea was just like them. She was a hidden treasure. She never showed her true talents before. This time, Aaron made up his mind to help her to achieve her targets.

'She should show what she's capable of!'

Aaron clenched his jaw and widened his eyes when he finally realized what he was thinking about. His face blushed.

Yesterday, they were like Tom and Jerry but today they became so close like gold and mercury. Atleast, he thought so. When did it become like this? How did this sudden change happen?

Even he couldn't find answers to those questions which bubbled up inside his mind.