23) Enchanting emerald eyes

The gangsters were petrified when they heard Thea's scream. They hastily turned around. However there was no one, not even a dog. The men turned their hands into fists and grinded their teeth in anger. How could she fool them? When they looked back, Thea had already started running like a deer.

Thea panted heavily, still running. She firmly thought of training her new body. It was too difficult to handle such a delicate body. She ran and ran like crazy until... she met with a giant wall.

"Shit! Damn it!"

She kicked the wall hard using her feet only to gasp in pain.

"Who built such a damn wall here? This wall! Hey Mr.Wall, listen. Get out of my way, will ya?"

Thea's heart skipped a beat when she heard the hurried footsteps behind her. The gangsters... Apparently, they finally found her.

Thea took a very deep breath. She tried to calm down her rising heart. She had to face them now, no matter what. Thea clenched her fists as determination flashed across her eyes. Yes, she was ready to fight...until the end of her. She still couldn't believe that her life would end like that.

When Thea turned around to face the gangsters, a cold gust of wind hit her body and brushed past her. She widened her eyes, shocked and perplexed. Within just a few seconds, the gangsters were laying on the rough floor, moaning and wailing. They couldn't even lift a finger, much more to sit or stand.

Thea looked at the dark figure who saved her life just now. He was wearing a black mask and a black hoodie. Through street lights, she could only see his sparkling green eyes which appeared like emeralds. Their eye contact lasted for like a mere second as he faded away into the darkness.

Thea tried to follow him as she wanted to thank him for saving her dear life. But he was like a ghost as he dissapeared without clues. When Thea tried to walk forward, she felt like her sneakers touched something tough. When she bent down to see what it was, she was alittle surprised.

It was a silver bracelet. It looked expensive. Under the half moonlight, it was glittering like a little star or a tiny silver snake from ancient times. Thea picked it up and showed it to the gangsters saying, "Hey, is this yours?" The gangsters glanced over in difficulty. When they saw the bracelet, they could remember how the owner of it had treated them a moment ago. They almost peed at that thought.

They meekly shook their heads. "N-no big sister." Thea nodded her head, a gentle smile appeared on her little face. She clenched the bracelet in her palm. 'Emerald boy, one day... I'll definitely find you and thank you for saving my life.'

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

The driver uncle was an old man in his early sixties. He couldn't possibly carry a grown up man at such an age. Therefore, Thea had no choice but to carry him all by herself. Fortunately, there was a lift to his apartment. He was living in his apartment alone, and it was quite comfortable for him as the school was near to his living place.

It wasn't the only reason for him to take the decision of living alone. Whenever he got home, his mother would always bother him and force him to curry favour with grandpa so that it would be easier for him to take over the company one day. Aaron didn't like such shameful things. He just wanted to prove his own abilities rather than using such lame methods. However, his mother had other thoughts.

Thea held Aaron by his waist. He put his arm around her shoulders while giving her his entire weight. Thea gritted her teeth. "Aaron, you rascal! You didn't even save me from those thugs. The only thing you did was to sleep like a pig. It was because of my kindness that I didn't kick you out. Now, you even dare to cling onto me? You are so shameless!"

Aaron didn't pay any heed to Thea's babblings. He even tried to put his head on her shoulder so that he could sleep more. Thea was so pissed off by this guy! She quickly dragged him towards his house. When she tried to open the door, it was locked as she expected. But there wasn't a keyhole, only a keyboard with ten numbers. Thea was puzzled. 'What the hell is this?'

The driver uncle who followed them all the way to Aaron's house spoke up this time. "Young miss, do you know his password?" Thea nodded her head and then shook it. "No, Greg didn't tell me." 'Oh, it's a different way to lock doors then. Sure enough, the technology in this world is so better than ours.'

She turned to Aaron. "Little kiddo, tell me your password." Aaron grinned like a lunatic. "Are you a vampire?"

Thea: "...." ''No, I'm a werewolf, humph!''

Aaron lifted up his index finger,pointing it at her while trying hard to maintain his balance. "Then, then... Are you going to eat me tonight?"

Thea's face blushed in embarrassment. Although he meant a different thing, she couldn't help but imagine some wild thoughts.

She quickly coughed and said, "Wilson uncle, now there's only one way." Thea pressed the buttons as '1,2,3,4,5,6.' The old man tried to stop her as he was afraid that the door might be locked for good. But to both of their surprise, the door actually opened!

Thea: "...." 'This guy is so full of himself. Is he NOT afraid of thieves?'

Wilson uncle: "...." 'What a brilliant idea!'

Thea brought Aaron to the master bedroom and dropped him on the king sized bed. She was so mad at him. She even regretted coming to pick him up several times that day. So, after throwing him onto the bed, she didn't stay longer as she didn't want to spend another second with this annoying bug. She turned around and left.

Aaron started shivering uncomfortably.

The night was so cold as ice and he was all left alone like a helpless little puppy who had to spend its night on the street without his owners' love and care...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thea sat down on the hospital bed weakly. Her face paled and the sweat popped upon her halfmoon like forehead.

A doctor, who was wearing a pair of gold rimmed glasses, carefully examined her. He finally stood up from his chair and turned his serious face towards Aaron who was standing beside Thea with a poker face. Aaron's eyes filled with nervousness.

The doctor finally gave him a wide smile saying, "Congratulations sir! You're gonna be a father."

"Thud!"

"Thud!"

The doctor was dumbfounded. It was his first time witnessing both of the parents fainting upon hearing such good news.

'These kinds of lovely parents are absolutely rare in this world!'

{Lol, it's Aaron's dream (maybe nightmare?) he dreamed that night.}