Chapter 5. 1812 

Vivian. "You look lovely Olivia. I do believe the gentleman tonight are not going to be able to take their eyes off you."
Olivia smiled sweetly. "Thank you Vivian, and you look magnificent. Purple suits you nicely. "
Vivian returned her smile. "Thank you my dear. I will see you in the ballroom. I must go make sure that Delilah and the other young ladies are ready. "
Olivia nodded, remembering Miss Delilah Martin. The young lady was in a similar position to her own. "Very well, I will see you shortly."
Vivian nodded before turning and leaving the room. A small smile spread across her face, knowing that she would be putting her expert matchmaking skills to the test that night.
Olivia turned her attention back to the mirror in front of her, pleased with her reflection. Her masquerade ensemble for that evening was comprised of a dark red velvet gown with off the shoulder sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. Velvet roses curled along the edges of the skirt, with one sitting just below her breasts. Her hair was fixed into an elaborate braided bun, a gold crown of diamonds and rubies with a rose at the highest point resting on her head.  Dark red velvet shoes with a single rose in the front, along with cream silk gloves, completed her ensemble.
Turning away from the mirror, Olivia stepped out of her bedroom and made her way to the top of the stairs leading to the main parlor. She smiled as she saw Delilah, wearing a lovely gown of blush pink with peacock feathers along the bodice and bottom of the skirt, waiting for her. "You look lovely Delilah."
Delilah smiled, her bright blue eyes sparkling. "Thank you Olivia, and you look beautiful."
Olivia. "Thank you."
Delilah put one of her gloved hands on top of her head, making sure that her blonde curls did not come loose from her bun. "How does the crown look?"
Olivia giggled, stepping forward and adjusting Delilah's gold peacock crown. "It looks perfect."
Delilah. "Thank you. Do you believe Vivian is going to find us both a match?"
Olivia. "I believe she will."
Delilah giggled as the two of them began to walk down the stairs. "Who do you believe you are going to be matched with?"
Olivia paused briefly. "I'm not sure. However, it doesn't matter to me who I become matched with, as long as they are kind and gentle."
Delilah nodded as they walked past the main parlor and entered the ballroom. "I agree. I think we are both going to be matched with someone who will treat us the way we deserve to be treated."
Olivia. "You are right. Now, why don't we get ourselves a glass of wine?"
Delilah's eyes twinkled. "Yes please, I am a bit thirsty."
Vivian. "Come with me ladies, I have secured spiced wine  for this evening."
Smiling, Olivia and Delilah followed Vivian toward the dining room. They enjoyed their glasses of spiced wine while they waited for the first few guests of the evening to arrive. Within half an hour, the ballroom was filled with 100 guests dressed in their finest masquerade attire. The ball had begun.
***
Three hours into the ball, Vivian walked over to Olivia. Tapping her on the shoulder, she gently pulled her away from a conversation with a group of young ladies and toward the far wall of the ballroom. "I do hope I wasn't interrupting anything my dear."
Olivia shook her head. "No, not at all."
Vivian. "Good, because I have found you the perfect match."
Olivia's eyes widened. "You did?"
Vivian nodded, her eyes bright. "Yes, I did."
Olivia glanced around the ballroom. "Where is he?"
Vivian. "I will bring him to you. Go and wait for him in the parlor."
Olivia. "Which one? You have so many."
Vivian chuckled. "Go and wait for him in the third parlor on the left."
Smiling, Olivia turned and stepped out of the ballroom, entering a hallway with several small parlors. Finding the third one on the left, she walked inside and waited for her match to arrive.
Satisfied with her plan, Vivian turned and wandered through the ballroom. She soon found the gentleman she was looking for. Walking over to him, she tapped him on the shoulder. "Good evening your grace."
***
Julian turned from his conversation and smiled at Vivian. "Good evening to you Miss Morgan. You have put together quite an excellent ball."
Vivian. "Thank you. I do hope I wasn't interrupting."
Julian shook his head. "No, of course not."
Vivian. "Splendid, because I have found you your perfect match."
Julian felt his heart stop. "You did?"
Vivian nodded. "I certainly did."
Julian finished his glass of spiced wine before handing it off to one of the servants. His eyes traveled around the ballroom. "Where is she?"
Vivian smiled. "I will bring her to you. Go and wait in the third parlor on the left."
Julian nodded before turning and leaving the ballroom. Stepping into the hallway, he found the third parlor to the left and walked inside. His eyes traveled across the room, noticing that there was a dark red couch, a large glass window, a blazing fireplace, and several tall glowing candles.
Movement from the other side of the parlor caught Julian's attention, and his eyes landed on the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. His eyes devoured every detail of her, from her dark red hair to her beautiful blue green eyes. Her delicious body that he was desperate to claim.
Not wanting to stand there like an idiot, Julian cleared his throat. "Good evening. "