Chapter 13. 1812 

Julian looked down at her. "Did I hurt you?"
Olivia shook her head. "No, not at all. Everything was perfect."
Julian smiled before carefully lifting her from his lap and placing her onto the mattress beside him. His arms went around her, pulling her close. "Good, because I do not want to hurt you."
Olivia snuggled into his chest, placing her head against his shoulder. "I know that you will never hurt me, because I will never hurt you."
Julian. "I know."
Pulling the silk blankets around them, they exchanged a soft kiss before falling asleep in one another's arms. It was in that moment that they knew they had found the one.
***
The next day, Olivia was sitting in the drawing room, a mahogany wooden box in her lap. Opening the lid, she smiled down at her mother's collection of jewelry. The collection wasn't large by any means, but it wasn't small either.
The collection featured two pairs of earrings, two necklaces, and two bracelets. The gemstones consisted of blue and white diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. The gemstones, and the metal settings that held them together, were round.
Olivia sighed sadly, placing the lid back onto the box. She missed her parents dearly. Hearing the sound of footsteps, she raised her eyes and smiled softly as she saw Julian standing in the doorway.
Julian entered the drawing room, his eyes immediately landing on her face. Walking over, he took a seat beside her on the couch and took her hand. "Something wrong my love?"
Olivia shook her head. "No my dear, nothing is wrong. I was just remembering my parents. I miss them terribly."
Julian hugged her. "I know, I miss my father every day."
Olivia pulled back to look at him. "When did your father pass?"
Julian took a breath. "My father passed away nine years ago."
Olivia's eyes widened. "My God, you were young."
Julian nodded sadly. "I was 18 when he died. I was very young, not knowing how to run an estate. Thankfully, my father left letters with instructions on how to take care of everything."
Olivia squeezed his hand. "Did your father leave you anything? Aside from the inheritance of course."
Julian chuckled. "He did, a gold pocket watch."
Olivia. "My mother left me her jewelry. It is not a very large collection."
Julian. "We have both been left with valuable things."
Olivia smiled, opening the lid of the box and showing him the jewelry. "This is all I have, it is not very large."
Julian examined the jewelry, smiling softly. "They are beautiful. Have you thought about removing the gemstones and making them into new jewelry?"
Olivia looked at him. "No, I have not thought about that. What new jewelry could I have made?"
Julian chose his words carefully. He knew exactly what he was planning on doing with those precious gemstones. "Perhaps a new necklace or a lovely brooch."
Olivia smiled. "Both sound exquisite. Is it possible to change the shape of the setting?"
Julian. "Of course, I can have my jeweler change it to anything you'd like."
Olivia. "Wonderful."
Julian carefully closed the lid of the box. "Do you have a particular shape in mind?"
Olivia. "I have always adored the teardrop shape."
Julian's eyes sparkled. "Then I will tell my jeweler to turn these beautiful pieces into an exquisite teardrop collection."
Olivia's eyes danced with excitement. "Thank you. I am anxious to see what they will look like once they are finished. How long will everything take?"
Julian. "The entire process will take two weeks, but it will be worth the wait."
Olivia. "Two weeks does not seem very long of a weight."
Julian. "It will go by quickly. Now, among the pieces of jewelry that you have, is there one in particular that you no longer wish to keep?"
Olivia. "I have only worn the earrings and the necklace, they are my favorite pieces. The bracelet and the brooch I have never worn. However, I do believe that the gemstones on the brooch can be turned into something beautiful."
Julian smiled softly. "Perfect, I will tell the jeweler to remove the gemstones from the necklace earrings and brooch, polish them, and then turn them into your new teardrop jewelry collection."
Olivia smiled brightly. "Thank you your grace. Before we part, because I must go and see Vivian, may I see your pocket watch?"
Smiling softly, Julian removed his prized gold watch from the pocket of his trousers and gave it to her. "My father took very good care of this watch, and I have done the same. It is simple, yet elegant."
Olivia gingerly held the pocket watch in her hands, running her thumb along the halo of circular diamonds surrounding the glass face. The watch was connected to a gold chain. "It is very lovely."
Julian. "Thank you. "
They exchanged a sweet kiss before finishing their breakfast of tea and scones. Rising to their feet, they quickly dressed, climbed into their carriage, and settled back against the tufted seat as the vehicle drove them to their destinations. Little did they realize that their next passionate evening would come much sooner than later.