050

FIFTY

SCENERY :: UNDERWORLD

NICO DI ANGELO BIT HIS LIP SOFTLY. A small fry entered his lips and he munched softly. The room was dark, as usual in the underworld. No light except the candles that lit the fireplace up and crackles sounded the silence. It was silent, nothing else accompanied the crackling.

"I hope you wake up. I don't think I'd leave the underworld if you didn't," Nico mumbled softly. His pale hand traced the tanned one that was patted against the black bed. The son of Hades looked around, and eventually his eye found their way to the god. "It's okay to cry, you know."

The God of dreams sat beside his son, tears glistening his eyes. He looked beside him and sniffed, stiffly fixing his posture, "How can I? I'm a god my sole purpose is to help keep the world in order, and to put some.. some sort of value into the mortal lives." In front of him was the unconscious boy slept peacefully.

"I just hope Apollo takes the time to find his son," Nico mumbled harshly. The god was human once, so he understood what it was like to feel pain. At least, Nico hoped he chose to remember, if not then that's a little bit different

"He can't. The god of the sun isn't able to sustain life in the darkest place. I was..talking to him earlier, and he almost cried. But he couldn't, because Zeus wouldn't allow it," he laughed cruelly.

Nico nodded, understanding that there was just some things that didn't work out. Silence floated through the room slowly, like a soft blanket draped on them. There wasn't much else to do but sleep, so Nico did. And he loved every second of it.

———

Hazel fumbled with a potion and dripped it onto Percy's scathed face. Her lips trembled as the potion soaked his skin, "I'm not amazing at this, Nico's the one who hangs with infirmary kids. Since he's dating..the main healer. Anyways— Percy should rest up...but he'll be okay."

The reassurance allowed Annabeth to relax, giving the chocolate colored girl a pleased nod. Haze rubbed her hand on Annabeth's shoulder before walking towards a brown table. Beside her Frank fumbled slowly before pressing a palm against Hazel's hand.

"You did great for only doing it twice. I'm proud of you," he nodded. The son of Mars always knew what to say, and Hazel loved that it was just what she needed in that moment's time. A shaky sigh escaped her lips and she hugged him.

"Jason, start the plan. We need Leo to finish up now," Hazel muttered softly as she let go of Frank's body. Beside them was Jason Grace who passed along. He nodded sternly and rushed up steps into a large room. Hazel sighed and walked through the students, "Annabeth. It's your stage now. Take it."

"Travis, Connor, get started on Trojan Horse. Katie and Lou Ellen, begin project analysis. Rest of you guys, finish your fight," Annabeth yelled orders. She took charge up front and walked info the world. It amazed Hazel on how she did it, but she followed her out, and into battle.

MEY NOTES
Kinda short, but Im starting a new book on wizards and Pjo. It'll be a different universe, BUT once Infinish this book im starting a new one in THIS world. So there will be a sequel sooner than later! Love you all 😍