CHAP XXVII

ALPHA'S POV

"Remember what I asked." My mother whispers in my ear as I hug her, it is late and we are saying our goodbye.

Anna and I spent the day with my family but now I need to take her back to my place so she can sleep because tomorrow she has school.

I shake my head subtly feeling twisted with my mother's wishes.

How am I going to get her to meet Emily?

We pull back and I smile down at her. "Take care, mom, I love you." She smiles back cupping my cheek.

"I won't wait for long." I look into her eyes and I know she means that. So pessimistic. What will she do?

"I love you, my sweet boy." I step away from her and nod my head to my father as he says his farewell to my sister and he nods back.

I walk to the car and stand by Anna's side so that I can get her door when she comes.
"Anna, you realize you can always stay here, right?" I comment casually but loud enough to get to her.

I turn to my side to glance at my parents only to realize she is walking my way.
"And you can always stop reminding me every chance you get."

I smile at her. "Well, good for you, you are here." She shakes her head as I open the door for her before walking to my side and getting in the car.

The ride back home is almost quiet until Anna breaks it.
"What is your deal with Emily?" I turn to glance at her briefly as I drive before asking.

"Why do you ask?"

She turns to face my direction.
"What are your intentions with her?" I chuckle when I register her question. The nerve of this young lady. Ha.

She is not serious now, is she?
"And in what role do you have for you to ask me such a question?"
She clears her throat.

"Her friend and your brother. I have all the roles to ask you that question. Are you two hitting it off or just mutual friendship." I ignore her when I realize I don't have an answer for her.

I just drive off the rest of the ride home thinking of her question.
Are we hitting it off or are we just two mutual friendships?

It is no secret that I was attracted to Emily, the very first time I laid my eyes on her.

I pursued her with a clear intention of courting her but now that my family is starting to lurk around us and putting pressure on our thing. I realize I don't know where Emily stands in all of this.

I don't know how she feels.
And now I have to know.
But how though? I feel like it's still early.

I drive us home, my sister is out of the car before I say anything to her and I watch as she storms in the house with an attitude.
I sigh tiredly to myself.

I stay in the car giving myself a moment to collect my thoughts.
I do not know what to do with Emily, I am confused with what next step to take.

Do I approach her and just put it out there like that?
Do I let things keep playing out like I was letting it happen?

It is so confusing.

"Hello, brother from another mother." I sigh as I turn to look at my friend making himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

"Hey Moses."

"Wow, I was expecting a whole lot of excitement seeing the news I come bearing." I lean in my seat before I turn to grant my attention to my friend.