CHAP XXXIV

EMILY'S POV

"You've got to be shitting me," I curse when I enter my office only to be met with another bouquet on my desk right where I left the red roses.
The red roses are no more, now they are replaced by yellow dahlias.
This time they are in a vase.

Who did this?

I step closer to the yellow dahlias and pick a card that is on top of them.

It's handwritten.

Emily, I am sending these yellow dahlias as a pact of peace offering. Yellow resembles sunshine, light, joy, and happiness.
I send it for it to bring sunlight, joy, and happiness back into our friendship. I don't know what it is that angered you, just so you know I am deeply apologetic for it.
Please talk to me.

Alpha,

I toss the card on the table before lifting the vase and putting it on the other side of my table where it is out of the way.

I walk to my seat and sit down.
I unlock my phone and check the Instagram account that Ariel told me
to check. It's an account owned by someone who mimics himself to gossip girl. Gossip Girl had a way of getting gossip because she gossiped about people she knew.

This person knows literally everything, but he can't know everyone. I mean how can he? However regardless of that, somehow he always gossips about everything in our country. How else can you explain him photographing Alpha and putting us in the spotlight like he did?

The recent post is Alpha's picture.
I click on it and zoom on it, the first one he is walking out of a floral shop with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. On the second slide, he is walking in my company's building, and on the third, he is walking out without a bouquet.

The picture is followed by a caption; Is our hottest bachelor off the market?
Girls, I'm calling dibs on this one here. A friendly warning, set your eyes some place else this one is deeply hooked.

I roll my eyes at it. Lame. What does he even mean?

This shouldn't even be wasting my time. I lock my phone again and just start my day like that post isn't budging me the rest of the day.
I go through the rest of the day normally, excluding the part where the answer I'm replying to everyone asking me if Alpha proposed to me is a glare.

But being asked of him helps me remember that I promised his mother to deliver her a package of Beauty, our new cosmetic products on the market. So I do it before I forget about it again.

I go home and at seven the same time I used to go jogging with Alpha, he calls and texts but I don't bother giving him a second of my time.

Again, Alpha who?

How dare he says he doesn't know what angered me. In small words, I'm a brat who is angered by insufficient things.

Well, guess what? I also don't have time for friends who care today, but not tomorrow and then care some other time later.

I give him a silent treatment for the whole week. He keeps sending bouquets of flowers at my office with apology notecards.

However, before he grows a pair and learns of the mistake he made himself, I don't think I have time to spend on him.

Him who anyway?
Yeah, we don't even know of that him?

My phone vibrates on my office table pulling me out of my thoughts.
I read the notification and I gasp softly when I realize what it is, it is the reminder I set on my phone to remind me of Ariel's birthday is prior three days.