Chapter 2

It's undeniable the amount of sweat and stuffiness. Why would anyone want to come here when you could be home with food and a bed.

I search for Ren, when did she get so outgoing. When I finally see her, I try to make eye contact so she can wave me over. Gosh I'm so awkward.

Right away she sees me and tugs me toward where she was sitting on a barstool with 3 guys. One has blond hair and has pretty blue eyes. He looks around 18-19. Then there's a shorter dark haired guy, he looks older maybe even 20. Then, I can't even deny it, a pretty attractive boy. Probably 15 or 16, he has brown hair under his SnapBack and big brown eyes.

Stop it Avery, your you. And your here for BUSINESS. I remind myself.

"Avery, this is Thomas," she points to the dark haired one,

"Hello lil' darlin" the boy says putting his hand out for a high five, which I awkwardly slap.

"That's Connor," she points to the blond boy,

"Hi, how ya doin?" he smiles,

"Good, thanks." I shyly smile back,

"And that's Connors brother, Toby." Ren points to the one with the hat,

"Nice to meet you." he says, his voice just makes me shyly smile.

"How did you guys meet Ren?" I ask,

"Um, I met Renee at my friends birthday party, who is Renee's cousin like a month ago." Thomas nods,

"Oh nice! So what were you guys talking about?" I ask, trying to make it less awkward.

"Oh, these boys are performing tonight!" Ren tells me,

"Oh cool, so you guys are like a band?" I ask,

"Yeah, us and our other brother Riley, and another guy Braiden, they're out on the dance floor. We, uh, play like pop-rock music." Connor explains,

"Cool! Can't wait to hear you." I smile,

"What brings you girls here?" Thomas asks,

"Avery is a writer for the school newspaper," Ren explains, "she's writing about this place next week."

"Speaking of making a review of this place, I really should, um, get on that. Like checking out the place for my review. Ren could you come with me and help out?" I say, avoiding eye contact of the boys, I hate awkward situations.

"Oh. Well, I kind of wanted to go dance, maybe one of the boys could go with you, instead?" She looks back at them, I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

"As much as I would love too, me and Connor have to go tune our instruments, but our little Toby is totally available to go with you." Thomas suggests, smirking at the seemingly silent boy. Great. Note my sarcasm.

"But, I'm taller than you." Toby smiles at Thomas, man he has a pretty smile.

"Yeah but, uh, shut up." Thomas mumbles, Toby laughs,

"I'll walk around with you."

"Ok thanks!" Just stop talking you twat.

Then we all split our separate ways. Well actually I notice Renee stays there and winks at me. Wow.

"So, uh, what do you do just look around the place?" Toby asks,

"Um, I assume so.. I mean I've never actually done this before." I laugh, "It's not usually my job to do this kind of stuff." I glance up at him, why is he so tall?

"Oh nice." he smiles sarcastically, great job Avery. You look like an idiot now.

"What can I say, I'm just a genius." I mock my own stupidity, and we continue walking,