Chapter 4

"Hey," Toby sits across from me,

"Oh sure, yes, you can sit there." I say sarcastically,

"I'm sittin' here whether it's ok or not." He crosses his arms across his chest,

"Oh whatever." I smile, "You did really good! I love your guy's sound!" I tell him,

"Aw thanks that means a lot." He smiles,

"How long are you guys here for?" I ask,

"We're here for about 2 daysmore for writing and recording, then we fly to Colorado."

"Oh, well I hope we can keep in touch. Plus I think Ren is starting to really like your friend over there." We both turn our heads to look over at the two trying to Twerk with all the african American girls,

"Taught the man, everything he knows in that form of art." Toby says proudly, stretching out,

"Oh yeah, I'm sure you did." I roll my eyes,

"You don't believe me?" he cocks an eyebrow,

"No way! You have like no booty!" I exclaim,

"Alright." Toby hops off the chair, looks around first before twerking his flat bum. I start laughing histarically at his fail attempt.

"Excuse me, son, we don't allow freak dancing here." A bald headed man taps Toby on the shoulder, making his face go bright red. I have to strain to keep my laughter in while he sits Toby back down on the chair across from me.

"I twerk so hard the people are jealous.." Toby jokes when the man is just out of ear shot, I cant help but laugh loud, but when i notice I try to stop, which makes it even worse and my stomach begins to hurt.

"Well you think you can do better?"

"Of course I could! But thats for another day.. I don't want to get in trouble!" I tease him, "Oh look, Ren and Braiden are getting in trouble now too." I point to the same man breaking up the whole group, who weren't exactly "grinding on each other" more like just standing around in a circle trying to out twerk each other.

"It was the magic tricks wasn't it?" Toby turns back,

"What can I say, Ren loves the magical ones." I shrug my shoulders, shaking my head.

Toby grabs my phone from across the table.

"What are you doing?" I ask, and attempt to grab my phone back, but to his advantage of height he can keep it away without trouble.

"Well if we're going to keep in touch we need eachothers number." he says, "What's your pass code?" he asks,

"It spells Liam." I tell him, kind of embarrassed.

"Is that your brothers name?" he asks,

"Uh-" I start laughing "No, actually Liam Payne- like from One Direction."

"Wow.." he smiles, "Nice pass code"

After he puts in his number and sends a text to himself to get mine. We sit there and talk more about other things,

"Where are your brothers?" I ask.

"Sometimes, I wish I knew." he laughs, looking around the club.

"Oh Nice." I tease him,

"What? I'm the younger brother they should be keeping track of me!"

"Yeah, uh-huh." I roll my eyes, "So where are you guys staying while in LA?" I ask,

"Some big hotel by Redondo beach." He tells me,

"Wow. Specific." I say sarcastically,

"I'm no good with names!" He complains,

"Whats my name?" I ask, raising an eyebrow,

"Av- Hey! I meant like names of places. Of course I know who you are." He protests,

"Whatever, boy." I just shake my head.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's 10 o'clock which means, last song of the night. Lets all get up and start dancing!" The DJ starts playing the song "Scream & Shout"

Toby gets up, and starts dancing, I can't help but get up and do so as well. We just do a lot of crazy "dancing" moves.

Soon enough the nights over. Me and Ren reunite and say goodbye to Braiden and Toby.

Although I can say I didn't fall asleep for a LONG time. Just because I was texting Toby. Its amazing how little there was to talk about, but so much to say all at once.

- Monday -

I was in the middle of last period playing with my pencil, when Preston comes out of his little cave.

"Avery." He sighs, motioning for me to come. I'm hesitant at first. Only standing in the doorway, why am I scared? I am MAD.

"Avery, please. Shut the door." His green eyes look up at me from behind his hands.

"O-Okay." I stutter. Shutting it, but not letting my hand leave the knob,

"Listen," He begins once it shuts, "I just wanted to apologize. I was completely drunk on Friday. I had no idea what I was doing. I never meant for any of that to happen. It was crazy and idiotic." he rambles, standing up and pacing. "I just feel so bad, I didn't even know until yesterday when Dan, you know him right? Anyway he posted some pictures and a few I saw the way I was treating you, and they took pictures of when we were dancing-"

"Just stop." I croak. I know what happened.

"Will you forgive me?" he asks, coming a bit closer, his breath wasn't filled with alcohol, although I could smell todays lunch.

"I can." I sigh,

"That wasn't how that was supposed to go, maybe we could you know try going out for real?" he asks, my heart skips a beat, what I've wanted for almost 5 months.

"Will you be drinking?" I ask,

"No- Of course not."

"Well in that case.." I pause a moment, letting the bell ring for end of class,

"No." I open the door, rushing out, grabbing my bag and heading for mine and Ren's usual spot.

Well NOW it's going to be awkward in my last period.