one.

the honey curled girl walked through the crowded hallways of her office, she sighed, watching everyone gush in the opposite direction while she, on the other hand, was heading towards her desk, to spend another night at the office. she felt drained, but she would do anything, for her job, anything.

"taking another night shift, ellie ?" a distant voice said, across the hall.

"yep." eleanor said, sitting at her desk with her folder in hand.

"seriously, you need sleep ! this caffeine addiction is unhealthy as hell !" maxine said, watching el open her folders, her desk was all cluttered with bundles of stacks of papers aswell as pens.

"but you know what isn't unhealthy ? the amount of money i make with extra work." she said, rolling her eyes while taking a sip of leather brown liquid.

"mhm... well, you better sleep tomorrow or i'll ask will to take away your original anne of green gables copy." she joked, patting el's shoulder, before walking into the distance.

the sounds of the grasshoppers from around the building echoing through the halls, the ambience brought eleanor some peace of mind while she worked.

she groaned to herself, seeing the number of business partners she had meetings with the following week.

"oh, and one business trip with a complete stranger, wow, thank you, boss." she sighed, before hearing a rustling sound from a distance.

she raised her eyebrows, pondering on what made such a noise.

"hello ? anyone there ?" she asked, her own voice echoed into the hall, making her skin shrill a bit.

"hm ?" a mumble came from the dark corner of the silent building, clearly eleanor wasn't the only one here that day.

"who are you ?" she asked, before walking to the corner of the building.

her gaze set upon a lanky figure, with curly raven hair that curled perfectly around his earlobes, pale skin that looked like porcelain from a distance, and dark brown eyes.

"i'm mike." he said, his grip around his folder tightening.

el scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, he looked familiar to her, he didn't know who she was, she didn't know who he was, but he was clearly familiar to her sharp gaze. their gazes intertwined for a few short moments before el opened her mouth to speak.

"i'm sorry if i'm wrong but uhm... i have seen you before, somewhere, i think." she said, before realizing.

sh!t.

it was mike wheeler.

a/n : lazy who ? (me) i'm so glad that my competitions are over, i got first place in two of them but the results for the others aren't out yett. ahh i miss this community sm ily guys !! anyways, this book be moving fast like vroom vroom like a motorcycle. anyways, love, lanah (calpurnia's version.)