five.

a knock on the doorbell had woke the honey curled girl up, she groaned as she got up from her bed that was fit for a queen. she was wearing a white tank top that had some winx club members on it that she probably received when she was thirteen, it still somehow fit her, despite her growing up from that stage of life, along with a pair of oversized sweatpants and a pair of bunny slippers that swallowed her feet whole.

eleanor just assumed it was just maxine or will who would visit often, but when she opened the door, her jaw dropped as it was mike, of course the gods had to make her look like a sleep deprived wreck when he was there. 

"uhm..hello.." mike said awkwardly, his hand carried his bags, in his opinion she looked adorable, but how could you say that out loud to a- "you look adorable." ah, too late, never mind.

she turned red for a few moments at the unexpected compliment."oh-i wasn't expecting you to actually show up- i'm so sorry, what time is it ?" she turned around to check the time, it was 11:48 am. her cheeks flushed with heat once she saw the time. 

goddamnit ! 

"oh i'm so darn sorry, i'll get dressed-" she rushed to her bedroom, also indicating a 'stay in the living room' hand sign that mike knew all too well that they used to use.

mike chuckled a bit, she hadn't changed one bit. she was still the girl he loves with all his heart, he wished he could tell her that, maybe, one day, oh to feel her lips on his again.

"yeah, sorry to keep you waiting." she said, with a smile, she was properly dressed this time and did not look like a child, as she took her luggage.

"when's the flight ?" she asked him, as she turned to face him.

"in two hours." he said, thankfully the airport was situated near el's house.

*

they arrived at the airport, where they got their bags checked and sat down by the waiting room that was filled with people. the silence was loud and banging into their ears before mike decided to break it.

"so, have you brought your files ?" oh how times change, they used to never speak to one another so formally.

"yep." she said, setting a few strands of hair behind her ear. the tension between them worsened after that. a hint of guilt flushing over mike when he remembered how he moved away from this fragile girl who was always by his side.

"hey uhm...i'm-i'm sorry." he apologized.

"what ? what for ?" she said while confused.

"for leaving you alone when i went to chicago..." the guilt in his tone was very obvious, but he wanted to let her know, he intertwined their fingers a bit, by the tips, the familiar touch sending waves over el's body.

"no-it's fine, very much. it's not your fault-not at all." eleanor said, grasping his hand tightly, she felt like she turned time back to the good ol' days. something unexpected, involuntarily happened to her, that made her lean onto his shoulder, he leaned back a bit as he drew the letters 'i'm sorry' onto the palm of her hand with his fingertips.

a familiar beat within mike's heart had called again.

you and me, always forever,

we can stay, alone together,

you and me, always forever,

say you'll stay, never be severed.

a/n : cutie patooties <33. i love you guys <33 xoxo, lanah. (cults' version.)