four.

"ell !!" max called out, to eleanor, who was looking out the window out of boredom.

"yep, what ?" she asked the redhead, while she drank her coffee. she tried to ignore the situation that took place the last week, it was the first time she was hugged by mike in seven-ish years. she felt her heart flutter every time she thought about it.

"something on your mind ?" max asked. "or someone ?" she asked, smirking at her, almost as if she read her mind.

"what ? no ! what makes you think that ?" she asked, flushing crimson red.

"you've been acting all smitten and lovestruck lately, and it just so happens that mike wheeler just transferred here."  max said, with a smug smile that curved around her cheeks.

"yeah, so ? what's that got to do with me ?" she asked, but she knew that max knew what she had been feeling about mike.

"mhm...do you still have feelings, for mike ?" she asked, looking at eleanor with a serious look. eleanor always loved mike, mike always loved her, you could see it in their eyes throughout their lives when they look at eachother.

"mike !!" eleanor exclaimed, snapping her fingers at mike, who was zoning out.

"what ?" he asked, with a smile.

"we need to get back to baking the pancakes ! my mother clearly said that the chores are for me this week, and if you don't help me out, i'm in deep shit !" she said, attempting to convince mike, while she stirred the batter in her hands.

"aww..okay." mike groaned, before helping her out with baking.

"get me some sugar and strawberry syrup." she commanded, fluffing his hair up a bit.

he blushed a bit, before brushing it up with a teasing statement. "what about chocolate syrup, who even eats strawberry pancakes ? especially not joyce." 

"ugh, fine, i hate you." she groaned, stirring the batter a little roughly, she chuckled at the end of the sentence.

"yeah right, admit it, you love me." he joked, making el flush red, she knew he was just kidding but it didn't seem like that much to her. mike then tossed the sugar and chocolate sugar to her.

"no, i'd rather confess my love to a rat, wait, what's the difference ?" she said, proud of her own joke, she put the batter into the pan, flipping it in between.

mike helped her in between, before they burst into fits of giggles. soon, they finished preparing the pancakes.

"when's joyce coming back home ? the pancakes will get cold and they taste horrible when cold." mike asked, sighing a bit, before smiling at her.

"in a few minutes..." she said, she smiled back at him, soon, she started to tickle him.

"this is payback for last week, you idiot !!" she joked, as mike laughed loudly, she tackled him on the couch, his smile made her feel all warm on the inside of her red and blue organ.

"ahh el you silly woman get off me !!" he exclaimed, cackling loudly, before el stopped, kissing his forehead, in a platonic way, of course.

mike hugged her tightly, before the door opened.

"hey kids ! ah, thanks for the pancakes !" joyce said, smiling at mike and eleanor, she knew what was going on, teenagers in love, but they'll never know, or will they ?

"elliee ??" max asked, waking el up from the wholesome memory. el ruffled a bit, remembering that she was still talking to max, who had an expression on her face that wanted the answer to the question.

"i- no, of course not ! i never even-" eleanor couldn't just lie to her best friend like that, never. "uhm..fine..yes...i-i still do.." she sighed.

"tell. him." max said. "you two are anyways working on that project today right ? then you two have to take that trip to amsterdam next week to convince the clients !" she continued, making el smile a bit.

"not yet, it's been just a week." she said, smiling to herself at the thought.

"just a week my ass ! i hooked up with lucas and we started dating that same exact day and look at us now !" max said, encouraging her.

"it's a different situation, hereee." el whined, sipping her coffee.

"whatcha talking about ??" will asked, sitting down.

"aren't you supposed to be at the art gallery today ?" max asked, raising an eyebrow.

"yeah, but i met one of my old friends today and damn he got some love problems." will said.

"who ?" el asked, her curiosity at it's peak.

"mike wheeler, wait, weren't you two best friends ? you should totally-" will was cut off by max.

"they've met again and now they're friends again, you know the rest." max said, looking at el who sighed a bit, with a small smirk imprinted onto her face.

"you've got to tell me it all !!" will said, sitting down near them.

a/n. : get ready for fluff next chap, oh and this isn't a slow burn like grade lovers, not AT ALL, i mean, technically mike and el had enough chemistry in this one as they used to be best friends 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️. also, this book has major spice, like kind of smut, not like THAT but yeah a bit (?) as you guys are requesting it.  idk how to explain. it will have a warning if there is, though. but i'm still innocent y'all don't cancel me i'm turning into an adult next year tf ??  anyways, love you. love, lanah (urmom's version.)