Three Weeks

It's been three weeks since I stayed at Clarissa's with her, Alise and Scott. After I went back to Forks, the three of them left Seattle to find a way for me to live. They weren't going to let family die, but. I'm tired. It would have been better if I didn't become Artemis when she was young, maybe I wouldn't be feeling the way I do now.

I blew a puff of smoke up, as I sat on the steps of the house. We were being guarded, since a piece of mine and Bella's clothes were missing and there was the scent of a strange vampire in the house. They didn't tell me about the wolves, I'm partially greatful for it. It means I don't have to see Paul, or either of the Black sisters. Or Seth and Leah.

"You should try and get some sleep." Edward said, standing in front of me. Cigarette no longer in my hand, meaning he took it and put it out.

"...I'm not tired." I said, looking up at him.

Though, that was a lie and he knew it. I was exhausted, and not just physically anymore. If it wasn't for Scott and Alise making me promise to keep fighting until they found a way to save me, I would have given up a few days ago.

"Artemis," Edward said, kneeling in front of me and looking into my eyes. He was searching.

I sighed, and closed my eyes. Thinking of how long I've had the nightmares for, hoping he would be able to see them. Showing him my time spent with Clarissa, Alise and Scott. When I opened my eyes next, Edward pulled me into a hug.

"Didn't think you were the hugging type," I snickered, as I hugged him back.

"That was the first time any of your thoughts were clear. I will have Alise call Clarissa. We will figure something else out. And. James is dead, Victoria won't kill Bella, and she won't be able to make you suffer anymore. I'm sure Emmett and Rosalie will be keeping a closer eye on you, once they know." Edward chuckled, as he patted my head; before scooping me up into his arms and in a flash, I was in my bed tucked in tightly.

"No one else needs to know. Just Carlisle...please." I said, my eyelids growing heavy as I looked at Edward.

"I will hold out as long as I can. You know Alice," Edward chuckled, putting his hand over my eyes.

....

"Do I have to go?" I asked, as I slid into the spot between Jasper and Jessica.

"Yes," nearly everyone around the lunch table said at the same time.

"...Can I bring a date then?" I asked, after hesitating.

"Wait, I thought you broke up with that guy from the reservation." Mike said, frowning at me.

"Yeah, didn't he cheat on you." Angela said, with a deep frown.

"It's not him." I said,

"Who is he? Where did you meet him?" Bella asked,

"You don't know him. He's a good guy. Promise, he deserves better than me. He's that good." I said, a bit nervous; I could feel my heart racing.

"If you don't bring him to the Graduation party, I will never speak to you for the rest of our lives." Jessica said,

"Yeah, you deserve someone out of your league," Eric said with a grin.

"I feel betrayed, how come you haven't told us about him?" Alice said, pouting at me.

I shrugged, taking a bite of lunch; mainly to avoid talking about Scott anymore. Which caused Alice to look at Edward; who then quickly excused himself. Both Bella and Alice excused themseleves and went after Edward, a little surprising, Jasper didn't follow after Alice.

"I can tell you like him. Even more than that...mutt, from the reservation." Jasper said, smirking at me.

"Anyone who cheats is a mutt." Jessica agreed, looking at Mike with a warning look.

It was amusing when he choked on his food, and Angela gave Eric a look as well.