Chapter 3

The girl thanked me again and soon went back inside leaving me alone on her porch. At least Snowball has a good home a nice one at that and a sweet owner. I soon left her porch and went to the road and followed where I came from. And made my way back to the gate where I came from they was no way I could get over the gate...just great I didn't think ahead shit.

I looked around trying to find a quiet getaway but no luck. I may have to ask that girl to help me leave I hate to be a bother but I have no other choice. I hurried and ran up to the girl's house and knocked on her door.

she opened the door as I gasped for air her brow raised. "I do need a favor can you please open the gate," I asked. She giggled "Sure so I won't be in debt with you anymore" She closed the door and I followed her watching her hips sway back and forth we walked silently to the iron bar gate. She clicked the little red button on a small steel box against the wall of the gate.

"Please enter your name" the robot spoke from the iron box. Very back to the future, I thought never seen such a thing.

"Heather Chandler"

Then all of a sudden the gate opened making me able to leave. Her name fit her perfectly like it was meant for her.

"Well there you go your free now" she joked. I smiled big and thanked her and soon walked away and the gate shut behind me I looked back to see her still there watching me leave I waved bye to her and she did the same. I swear I met the girl of my dreams I feel like Cupid shot me with one of his arrows straight in my heart.

I skipped home thinking about the girl that I knew now as Heather gosh I could feel my cheeks burn red and smile. I bet people seeing me on the street thought I was a druggie high off my rocker. But I didn't care I made it back to my destination with Jason smoking a cigarette on the porch.

"Hey stranger what you doing on my property?". I rolled my eyes as I walked onto our porch and sat down beside him. "Want one" he offered me one of his cigarettes but I refused. He saw my face and put his hand against my forehead. "What you running a fever your face is red as a tomato?" I pushed his hand away. "I'm fine I just meant this really pretty girl" I beamed with excitement. Jason scoffed and took a drag from his cigarette.

"Let's see what is this your sixth soulmate you fall right for them when you and them just graze hands"

I elbowed him "Not true I have had crushes, yes but I mean it I think I found the girl of my dreams". Jason took another drag off his cigarette and then threw it on the ground and put it out with his heel. He then stood and looked at me "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid was painted blind Shakespeare said that".

"Whatever you say Romeo" I then stood up and walked to the door. "You're the one apparently in love" he called out I ignored him and walked into the house. My dad was sitting in his lazy boy drinking bushlight and watching Mash. I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge and not to my surprise just a few cans of Bush Light a slushie and a pack of hotdogs.

How can I live off just that I went into the living room with my dad sitting there half drunk. "Hey, Champ think you can spare a few bucks?" I asked he gave me a toothy grin. "Well sure Mom it is in my wallet don't be out too late". He slurred I could smell the cheap booze on his breath. 

I walked out seeing Jason still on the porch smoking away. "Hey, Jason wanna go to 7/11?". Jason smiled and pulled out his wallet. "Well, I only have a dollar I might just get a five-finger discount". Jason suggested.

"No you're not stealing I have money so don't worry" I reasoned he shrugged his shoulders. And we began walking not even knowing where a 7/11 was but they had to be on around. After walking for about ten minutes we met the glowing lights of 7/11 we rushed in and quickly grabbed slushies. Freezing our brains away and devouring candy like small children.

"Just like old times right Y/n?" I nodded my head and froze my brain some more I just couldn't get that girl out of my head she was too pretty to ignore. Jason smirked at me and elbowed me "Still thinking about that hard body I must say Y/n she must be a killer if you keep zoning out about her" Jason teased.
"Don't call her that I mean yes her body is very attractive I mean" My cheeks burned and I started to stutter and I just was quiet and started chugging my slushie.

I looked around trying to distract myself when I saw a girl walk into the store she had dark brown hair that came to her shoulders. She was dressed in blue with a dark blue skirt which reminded me of Heather's outfit. "Hey Jason I think I found someone you would fancy" I then teased him. He looked over at the girl and his face went a shade of pink Jason was into girls that had dark brown hair his celebrity crushes were Brooke Shields, Winona Ryder, Shannon Dorothy, and many other beautiful women.