Chapter 99

Thirty minutes ago.

Tidwell climbed into the carriage after taking care of the funeral papers.

Resting on his face was an uncharitable quiet that contradicted the sound of carriage rattling.

A devilish expression that Ravia would surely find unfamiliar if she were to see it.

In fact, that was Tidwell’s bare face.

He could count the number of times he had shown it to Ravia using the fingers of one hand.

But no moment existed when he had removed his mask since Duke Leontine’s death.

He could never do that whenever he faced Ravia.

Even he found it hard to fathom how he could tolerate wearing such a suffocating mask and faking everything.

Maybe because Ravia had been lying to his face for too long.

The time he spent with Ravia was always imbued with tension. Ravia wasn’t the only one who put on a front.

At first, it was acting. But as time went by, the feelings turned into self-restraint.

Tidwell always had to pull himself together in front of Ravia.

But Duke Leontine’s death was the beginning that severed all the strings.

The moment Tidwell earned the hatred of the woman he desired so much, he no longer hid anything.

And he watched Ravia lying in her bed for a few days.

Tidwell’s dry eye traced the area around the woman who was dead asleep. A spacious room and bed that was too large for one person.

And the ghastly woman who laid on top of it.

Tidwell didn’t leave her side for five days straight until Ravia regained consciousness.

He didn’t know what to say even if he were asked the reason.

Why on earth did he do that?

Of course, he’d do that, right? He was afraid of losing Ravia. But no, it was nothing like a roller-coaster of emotions.

Ravia’s collapse left him feeling as though his glass showcase had shattered. But that didn’t last long.

The family doctor who rushed in insisted that Ravia was alright.

–My lady was just stunned due to extreme shock. It’s nothing life-threatening.

–Re-examine her. How can you say it’s a non-issue when someone who was fine suddenly collapsed?

–My answer will be the same no matter how many times I examine her, young master. Usually, the issue arises when people who are shocked fall and suffer a concussion, but fortunately it didn’t happen to her.

–Then, when will she regain consciousness?

–Well, that’s a bit hard to say. It depends on the person and the situation, but she should waken in half a day since she was healthy before.

The doctor continued.

–Normally, the recovery of people who have lost consciousness due to mental issues depends upon the person concerned. I can only prescribe medicines after she regains consciousness, so all I can say is for us to wait and watch her for now.

Tidwell waited at her bedside day and night following the doctor’s advice.

Except for a few occasions, he acted like he was chained to that place.