The Aftermath

Monday Evening

Annyeonghaseyo, this is Kwon Jooyeon here of Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation." The young woman introduced herself. Sporting a chic bobcut hair, she has become the new face in Korean broadcasting. Some has mistaken her for being an idol despite never joining the entertainment industry.

"Today has been nothing short of phenomenal just half an hour ago, SOPA High has engaged in one of the fiercest survival shows on par with Kpop Star!! Team Eric, representing Galaxy Entertainment, has defeated Taeil and the quote on quote, "SM Boys" in short of miraculous. Their streak of wins has been nothing but inspiring. Against all odds, defeated arguably more reputable groups. They have defied expectations!! Here we have Eric Park right to answer our questions." The woman gestured the young boy to step forward.

He was caught off guard by the sudden camera facing him. The young woman's smile was enough to compose himself.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Eric Park. I was the of the team that just won." He bowed shyly.

"A little bit of a quiet boy, I think that's an attractive trait but that's enough about introductions. You have made a grand show today with your son against the mighty SM trainees. Tell me what your thoughts are about snagging the win?"

"Umm, well obviously I'm very glad to win. As you saw we've trained very hard for two months. I honestly didn't expect for us to win the whole competition. I only said so for morale boost. It wasn't easy, our rival have the experience we don't have. We almost felt like giving up, but the I reminded them of our work. I genuinely mean that hard work and determination will trump over talent. I hoped that I got to inspire everyone today." Eric explained his recent experience.

"You definitely have young man! I think people here will remember your courageous match today. Do you feel excited about staring in a music video?"

"I'm not sure what to feel? I mean I'm still a trainee so everything is still new to me. I know my team is very excited about it. We'll just have to see what it's about."

Since we're almost out of time. What would you like to say to the people who watched live in television?"

"Gamsahabnida for watching me and my team win! I'm grateful to all have all my friends and family here cheering for now. Wish us luck for our debut. I hope to see you there annyeong!" Eric waved goodbye before the camera finally cut. Eric breathed a sigh of relief.

"That wasn't bad kiddo. I'm impressed you were able to remain calm the entire time." The woman said.

"Don't get me wrong sunbae. I was feeling very nervous! It's going to take time to get used being in camera." Eric admitted.

"It's going to be tough out there. Once you debut all cameras will be on you boys. Being calm under pressure will come a long way. Speaking from personal experience of course. Good luck and I hope to see you again." Jooyeon bowed politely before leaving.

It was a long day to say the least...

In the the next hour Eric got to interact with all his classmates. Many of them congratulated on his victory including Namjoon who shook hands with him.

"That was a hell of show my man. You definitely kicked a whole can of whoop ass today!" Namjoon said.

"I still have a long way hyung. I got pretty lucky a few times." Eric replied.

"Perhaps but a win is a win. You gave all of us hope, that all of us could surpass our limits. Seeing the SM Boys get destroyed was the best thing ever! Bobby and Jackson went crazy. Do keep in mind they're not going to let this one go. Be careful out there." Namjoon and the Bangtan Boys left.

Walking outside, the sun was starting to set. Most of the class already left with their families including his friends. Nayeon in usual fashion hugged each of them for their victory.

"I'm so proud of you Eric-ah! You have no idea how far you've come since this semester began. I'm glad I got to know you." Was Nayeon's words. Noona was always expressive so it didn't faze him anymore. Annie said something similar as well.

It was a great moment being with your close friends. He smiled like her never smiled before. The weather was beginning to warm up as Spring already peaked not too long ago.

"Oppa!" Was the sound of Sooyoung who happily ran to his side.

"I thought you've already left Sooyoung-ah." Eric turned over. She still had that same beautiful hair. It was one of the many things he likes about her. She might not be glamorous like Mijoo or Nayeon, but her kindness made it for up. There was no girl as kind as Sooyoung. Her dimpled smile was her most attractive feature.

"You think I would leave and not congratulate you in person. I thought you would have known me by now." She said with a cheeky smile.

"Guess I need to get to know you more. Now that you're here I can finally say gomawo."

"What do you have to thank me for? I didn't do anything!" She said confused.

"I might've not shown it, but I was losing hope. My whole team was ready to call it quits until you started shouting. I don't know how to explain it but it revived something in me, something I haven't felt in years. I was so caught up in defeating Taeil that I forgot why I moved here in the first place. To become a singer, to sing for everyone. I felt like I lost that during the training process." Eric admitted.

"You didn't lose anything oppa. While you might have sidetracked by those boys you still managed to keep you team in good spirits. You don't know it, but you have the ability to impact the people you meet. Before I met you I was giving up on my dream but seeing you and Jihyo work so hard motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and do something. Because I did that, I got to meet you and everyone here. Sure, it sucked not being able to win, but it gave me the chance to show where I stand. It gave me the confidence to say "Yeah, I can do this!" You're more special than you give yourself credit." Sooyoung's smile was enough to melt any doubts he's had today.

"Unnie!!" Cried out two little girls as they collided into Sooyoung in a warm embrace.

"Lil munchkins whaddya doin' here? Shouldn't you be wit ma n pa?" Sooyoung's Jeju dialect returned.

"Papa is waitin'. He said we gotta drive right back home." Sooyoung's sister said. She had the same dimples expression as his close friend.

"Sorry oppa I have to the hit the sack today. I'll see you tomorrow." Sooyoung said.

"Who are you stranger? You tryna fiddle wit unnie or sum?" The other sister asked.

"Mwo?"

"Unnie always talks a lot bout ya. What spell did ya cast to have ma sis-" Sooyoung covered her mouth with a fierce blush.

"Golly your mouth runs faster than a train from Jeju to Busan! Didn't ma tell ya that God doesn't like when ya talk bout other folks! Apologize mam!" Sooyoung said with a hint of anger and embarrassment.

"Mianhe stranger. My sis always be sayin' nice bouta ya. Y'all have somethin' goin' on?" The small girl said looking at the two of them suspiciously. Sooyoung sighed again and grabbed both of their hands out.

Eric couldn't help but laugh at all this. All that previous tension he once had finally fizzled out. He texted the entire team good job for their hard work and that's he's proud of them. They came out on top this semester.

"I wonder what kind of music video ajusshi will be working on? Guess I'll have to find out." Eric mused leaving the campus, victorious.