chapter 9: after effect

As AJ and Peachy make their way home, unaware of the drama unfolding elsewhere, the effect on Josh and Hannah... Hannah confronts Josh, her voice tinged with frustration and accusation.

Hannah: "I can't believe you, Josh! You're still hung up on Peachy, aren't you?"

Josh: "Hannah, please, not now. Let's talk about this later."

Hannah: "No, we're going to talk about it right now. I can see the way you look at her, the way you act around her. You still have feelings for her, don't you?"

Josh: "That's not fair. Peachy and I are over...There's nothing more between us."

Hannah: "I know you, Josh. I know how you feel about her."

Josh: "You're blowing this out of proportion. Peachy and I have moved on. We're just colleagues now."

Hannah: "Colleagues? Right. Just like you and I are just colleagues, right? Face it, Josh. You still love her."

Josh: "Hannah, please. Let's not do this now. I'm tired, and I don't want to fight."

Hannah: "Fine. But we're not done talking about this. I won't be second best to Peachy, Josh. I won't."

He knows there's truth in her accusations, but he's torn between his feelings for Peachy and his commitment to Hannah.

Josh: "Hannah, please try to understand. It's not that simple. It's not magic unless I got amnesia,"

Hannah: "Not that simple? You're still in love with her, Josh! How can I compete with that?"

Josh: "I don't know what to say, Hannah. I care about you, I do. But I can't wait to meet her, we are in the same world... I am MR. Del Fraco's employee and now she is...."

Hannah's frustration turns to sadness as she realizes the depth of Josh's unresolved emotions for Peachy.

Hannah: "I don't want to be with someone who's not fully committed to me. If you can't let go of your feelings for Peachy, then maybe we shouldn't be together."

Josh: "Hannah, please don't say that. I don't want to lose you."

Hannah: "Then prove it, Josh. Prove to me that I'm the one you want, not Peachy."

As their conversation reaches an impasse, Josh is left grappling with a whirlwind of emotions, torn between his past and his present, unsure of which path to choose. As they continue their journey home, the weight of their unresolved feelings hangs heavy in the air, casting a shadow over their once-bright future.

As the car ride continues in tense silence, Josh's mind races with conflicting thoughts and emotions. He knows he's reached a critical juncture in his life, one where he must confront his true feelings and make a decision that will shape his future.

Josh steals a glance at Hannah, her profile illuminated by the soft glow of the passing streetlights. He sees the hurt etched on her face, a painful reminder of the turmoil he's caused with his indecision.

Josh: "I'm sorry. I know I've been distant lately, and I haven't been fair to you."

Hannah remains silent, her gaze fixed on the passing scenery outside the car window.

Josh: "But you deserve someone who can give you their whole heart, someone who doesn't have one foot stuck in the past."

Hannah's expression softens slightly at Josh's words, a flicker of hope dancing in her eyes.

Hannah: "Do you still have feelings for her, Josh? For Peachy?"

Josh hesitates, grappling with the weight of his admission.