chapter 28 : Judas

Hannah's eyes fluttered open, the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains. As she shifted slightly in bed, her hand instinctively reached out to the space beside her, expecting to find Josh's warmth there. But to her surprise, her fingers met only cool sheets.

Confusion clouded her mind for a moment as she sat up, scanning the room for any sign of Josh. Panic began to rise in her chest as she realized he was nowhere to be found.

"Josh, where are you?" she called out, her voice echoing through the quiet room.

But there was no response, only the eerie silence of the empty house. With a sinking feeling in her heart, Hannah's mind raced with worry as she wondered where Josh could have gone.

Hannah's heart pounded with apprehension as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, her mind racing with possibilities. Could Josh have left without saying anything? Was he in some kind of trouble?

Pushing aside her mounting fears, Hannah quickly got up and began to search the house, calling out Josh's name with increasing urgency. She checked every room, hoping to find some clue to his whereabouts, but the house remained eerily silent.

As she reached the last room, Hannah's heart sank at the sight of Josh's empty suitcase lying open on the bed. It was then that she noticed a hastily scribbled note lying on the bedside table.

With trembling hands, she picked up the note and read the words written in Josh's familiar handwriting:

"Hannah,---- 'm sorry for leaving like this, but I need some time to think. I don't know if I can stay here anymore, knowing what we've lost. Please understand. ---Josh"

Tears welled up in Hannah's eyes as she re-read the note, her mind swirling with a whirlwind of emotions. She felt a sense of abandonment and betrayal gnawing at her heart, mingled with a deep sense of loss for the future they had once envisioned together.

With a heavy heart, Hannah sank onto the edge of the bed, clutching the note tightly in her hand. She didn't know how she would face the days ahead without Josh by her side, but she knew that she would have to find the strength to carry on somehow.

As the weight of Josh's absence settled upon her, Hannah felt a wave of uncertainty wash over her. She couldn't help but wonder where Josh had gone and what had driven him to leave so abruptly. Questions swirled in her mind, each one more troubling than the last.

Feeling a mix of sadness and frustration, Hannah realized that she couldn't dwell on Josh's departure forever. She needed to focus on finding answers and moving forward with her life, even if it meant facing difficult truths along the way.

With a determined resolve, Hannah wiped away her tears and rose from the bed. She knew that she couldn't let Josh's departure define her. Instead, she would use it as an opportunity to rediscover herself and chart a new path forward.

Taking a deep breath, Hannah made a silent vow to confront whatever challenges lay ahead with courage and resilience. She may not have all the answers now, but she refused to let uncertainty hold her back.

With that newfound determination fueling her, Hannah set out to face the day, ready to embrace whatever the future had in store.

With a bitter murmur, Hannah muttered to herself, "The Judas left." The words dripped with a mix of betrayal and resentment, encapsulating the sting of Josh's sudden departure. Though spoken softly, they carried the weight of Hannah's hurt and disillusionment, echoing in the silence of the room as she grappled with the pain of his absence.

Hannah (to herself): "I won't rest until I find him and get the truth. No matter where he's gone, I'll track him down."

As she prepared to set out on her quest, Hannah's mind buzzed with questions and possibilities. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but she was determined to uncover the reasons behind Josh's disappearance and confront him about his actions.

As Hannah checked her bank deposits, her heart sank at the sight of the dwindling balance. What remained was barely enough to cover a month's expenses, leaving her in a state of shock and disbelief. Tears welled up in her eyes as a wave of anger and betrayal washed over her.

Hannah: "No... How could he...?!"

The realization hit her like a ton of bricks – Josh had taken all her money, leaving her with next to nothing. Anger surged through her veins as she gritted her teeth in frustration, feeling utterly betrayed by the man she had once trusted with her heart and her finances.

As Hannah stormed out of the bank, her mind raced with thoughts of Josh and the injustice she had suffered at his hands. Determined to confront him, she pulled out her phone and dialed his number, her voice trembling with anger as she waited for him to pick up.

"Josh, you coward," she seethed as the call connected. "You stole from me, you lied to me, and now you've disappeared without a trace. You won't get away with this."

There was silence on the other end of the line, but Hannah didn't need a response to fuel her fury. With a resolute sigh, she ended the call and set off in search of the man who had betrayed her trust.

Desperation consumed Hannah as she navigated the bustling streets, her heart heavy with a sense of betrayal and loss. With each passing moment, her resolve to find Josh only grew stronger, fueled by a fierce determination to confront him and demand answers.

As she scanned the crowded sidewalks, her mind raced with thoughts of what she would say to him when she finally found him. Anger and hurt bubbled within her, but beneath it all was a glimmer of hope—a hope that she could somehow salvage what was left of their relationship, or at the very least, find closure amidst the chaos.

With each step, Hannah drew closer to her elusive goal, her determination unwavering in the face of adversity. Though the path ahead was uncertain, she refused to let fear or doubt deter her from her quest for truth and justice.