chapter 11: urgent board meeting

AJ calls for an urgent board meeting...

As the board members and managers gather in the conference room, AJ stands at the head of the table, his expression serious yet determined. Peachy stands by his side, her hand firmly clasped in his, a silent symbol of their unity.

AJ clears his throat, commanding the attention of those present.

AJ: "Thank you all for being here today. I've called this meeting to make an important announcement."

He pauses for a moment, allowing the anticipation to build in the room.

Hannah: "Mr. Del Franco, forgive me for interrupting, but why is Ms. Peachy Montecielo here? This meeting was meant for high-ranking officials and investors."

AJ pauses, acknowledging Hannah's concern with a nod before proceeding.

AJ: "You're right, Ms. Changwang (Hannah). This meeting was indeed called for high-ranking officials and investors. However, there's something important I need to share with all of you, and Ms. Monteceo's presence is integral to that."

He takes a moment to gauge the room, ensuring he has everyone's attention before continuing.

AJ clears his throat, commanding the attention of those present.

AJ: "Thank you all for being here today. I've called this meeting to make an important announcement."

He pauses for a moment, allowing the anticipation to build in the room.

AJ: "As many of you may already know, Ms. Montecielo has been an invaluable member of our team for quite some time now. But what you may not know is that she's more than just an employee to me."

A murmur ripples through the room as AJ's words sink in, curiosity evident on the faces of those present.

AJ: "Ms. Peach Amber Monetcielo is my wife... I would be honored if everyone would call her Mrs. Arvin Johannes del Franco."

The revelation hangs in the air, followed by a moment of stunned silence. Hannah, one of the investors, raises an eyebrow in surprise, while Josh, the head of engineering, nods in understanding.

Hannah: "I must say, this is quite unexpected."

AJ: "I understand that it may come as a surprise to some of you. But I want to be transparent about my relationship with former Ms. Montecielo, as it directly impacts our work environment."

He looks around the room, meeting the gaze of each person present.

AJ: "From this moment forward, I expect nothing but respect and professionalism towards Mrs. AJ Del Franco. She's not just my wife; she's a valued member of this team, and I trust that you will treat her as such."

The room falls silent once more as AJ's words sink in. Hannah nods in acknowledgment, a look of respect crossing her features, while Josh offers a supportive smile.

Investor 1: "I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate your honesty, Mr. Del Franco. Former Ms. Montecielo now Mrs. Del Franco is a vital part of our team, and we will continue to support her in any way we can."

Investor 2: "Yes, count my support,"

AJ nods in gratitude, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. He knows that by being open about his relationship with Peachy, he's setting a precedent for transparency and trust within the company.

AJ: "Thank you all for your understanding. Now, let's get down to business."

As the meeting proceeds, AJ and Peachy exchange a knowing glance, reassured by the support of their colleagues and confident in the strength of their relationship. Together, they know that they can face whatever challenges may come their way, both in the boardroom and beyond.