chapter 34: cunning plan

In the aftermath of Josh's death, Hannah's demeanor shifted, becoming increasingly cold and detached. She showed no signs of guilt or regret for her role in his demise, instead doubling down on her actions and refusing to acknowledge the pain she had caused.

As Hannah's descent into darkness continued, her mind became consumed with thoughts of revenge against Peachy, her perceived rival and usurper of her rightful inheritance.

One ominous evening, Hannah made her move, orchestrating a cunning plan to kidnap Peachy and exact her revenge. With a cold determination, she set her scheme into motion, luring Peachy into a trap under the guise of reconciliation.

As Peachy unsuspectingly approached the designated meeting spot, she was startled by Hannah's sudden appearance, her demeanor icy and foreboding.

"Hannah, what's going on?" Peachy asked, her voice tinged with concern as she noticed the malice in Hannah's eyes.

Hannah's lips curled into a sinister smirk, her gaze piercing as she advanced towards Peachy. "You thought you could take everything from me, didn't you?" she spat, her voice dripping with venom.

Peachy's heart pounded with fear as she realized the depth of Hannah's betrayal. "Hannah, please," she pleaded, her voice trembling with apprehension. "Whatever you think I've done, we can talk about it. There's no need for violence."

But Hannah's resolve remained unyielding, her grip tightening as she seized Peachy by the arm. "It's too late for that," she hissed, her tone chilling to the bone. "You've taken everything from me, and now it's time for you to pay the price."

As Hannah dragged Peachy away into the darkness, pointing the barrel of the gun at her side waist, a sense of dread washed over Peachy, realizing that she was at the mercy of someone consumed by hatred and vengeance. As they disappeared into the night, the echoes of their struggle fading into the distance, Peachy could only hope that someone would come to her rescue before it was too late.

Hannah transported the unconscious Peachy with the help of her collaborator, three strong-bodied men, to an isolated section within an abandoned warehouse. There, she secured Peachy firmly to a post, leaving her restrained and vulnerable in the dimly lit surroundings.

As Peachy regained consciousness, she found herself bound to a post in the dimly lit confines of the abandoned warehouse. Panic surged through her veins as she realized the gravity of her situation, her eyes darting around the shadowy space in search of any means of escape.

"Hannah, please," Peachy pleaded, her voice trembling with fear as she strained against her restraints. "What are you doing? Why are you doing this?"

Hannah's presence loomed over her, a dark silhouette against the backdrop of the decrepit surroundings. Her expression was cold and unforgiving, devoid of any semblance of empathy or remorse.

"You stole everything from me, Peachy," Hannah spat, her voice laced with bitterness. "You took what was rightfully mine, and now it's time for you to pay the price."

Peachy's heart sank as she realized the depth of Hannah's resentment and hatred. "I didn't steal anything," she protested, her voice tinged with desperation. "You were the one who stole my everything - my fortune and my family, even Josh... I never wanted any of this to happen. Please, let's talk about this. There has to be another way."

But Hannah remained unmoved, her resolve unyielding. "It's too late for talk, Peachy," she declared, her tone chillingly final. "You've had your chance, and now it's time for you to face the consequences of your actions."

Peachy's voice quivered with urgency as she called out to Hannah, her pleas echoing in the desolate space. "Hannah, please listen to me," she implored, her eyes wide with fear. "I don't know what you believe I've done, but we can work through this together. There's no need for violence."