CHAPTER 11

"Tell me about you" I asked the angel in front of me

She sat on my lap playing with the ring on my middle finger twisting it around just fiddling.

"What's to tell Michael? I'm a mystery and a half" that is true nobody knows about Jess and I want to know more about her.

"Now tell me what's to know, if you tell me I'll tell you about me" she was conflicted but gave in.

"My father loves my brother more than me, in his eyes Damon is just the jewel to the family and I'm the black sheep" she looked sad just staring at the sheets she was gripping.

I encouraged her to carry on and she did.

"When I was thirteen I told him I wanted to own the company seeing as I was the eldest I thought he'd agree but nope he didn't" she shook her head with a few laughs there and there trying her best not to cry.

"You know what he said? He said I was a good for nothing daughter that he didn't ask for" she said laughing at herself with a few tears strolling down.

I wiped her tears away trying to calm her down but she couldn't control herself. "He said he'd preferred if I'd rather die than cause him more stress, apparently Damon is more important than his own daughter that has done everything for him"

She pushed herself into my chest just crying and letting herself go. I wished I could do something to help her, she didn't deserve to go through all that.

Her father was a cunt who couldn't admire the precious angel he got. I mean she was smart, caring, more focused on her studies than anybody else and he'd just treat her like shit.

"Okay baby calm down stop crying I got you so please stop" I hushed her trying to get her to stop crying.

Eventually she did and she laughed at herself again. I have a feeling she always laughs at herself when she cries.

"Now what about you" she asked me wiping away her tears trying to get her attention off herself.

"Well I don't think I have a sob story like yours but I can tell you when I was seven I had this huge game that I really wanted both my parents to come, my mother of course showed up she has always been supporting me since day one of my hockey career"

I smiled at the thought of my mother she made me happy just as much as Jessica did. I'd love for them to meet one day.

"I remember winning the game and I searched in the crowed for my parents, my mum was there of course but except for one person...my dad"

I felt a pinch of pain in my chest just at the thought of that day. Jessica grabbed my hand squeezing it encouraging me to carry on.

"My mum gave me an apologetic look saying he had a very busy day but I knew he just didn't want to come, I don't know why work was always his excuse to not spend time with his family or be there for me but it didn't seem like he appreciated what I did"