Chapter 7: Inside Scoop

"I don't start shit but I can tell you how it ends" -Taylor Swift

Owen's POV:

I sit and decide to read a book before bed. It is called "Top one hundred ways and tips to solve an investigation". It is not interesting, but I guess I'm learning a lot from it. Then I hear voices. Yelling. Arguing. I listen closer and can tell it is Jeremiah and Eva. I felt like this would happen even though they were Amity. I can't quite decipher the full sentences but I hear a few distinguishable words. Stop it, Lier, and I hate you. I deeply want to know more and I get up to put my head to the wall but they stop arguing before I get there. I eventually go back to bed.

The next morning I go to my new favorite room of the house; The study. The days I am at the sandwich shop and here researching are on random different days of the week. Mr. and Mrs. Sutherland are out today, they left early this morning, but Jeremiah and Eva are still here. I guess it is their day off. I hear footsteps coming down the hall and I look up to see it is Eva, wearing slippers still at 2:30 in the afternoon. It is the first time I realize her hair is a darker brown than her brothers. She sat down on a chair across from me.

"I want to talk to you about Jeremiah," She said. "I'm like really mad at him right now so I'm spilling all his secrets to everyone I know behind his back." I think for a second. "Oh," I say. I don't know if I like either of them but I am intrigued to hear the scoop. "He had a crush on this girl named McStacy back in second grade". She rants about random stuff about their past. I feel like I should add something. Then I remember and tell her. "I was looking at him through the window before he came inside the other day, and he pulled out a mirror in his pocket to check his hair and mess it up before he walked in". She looked at me and said, "Well I'm not surprised. She got up and told me she was going to spread more drama to her friends. Then she left out the front door. She must be really upset to talk to me of all people.