Chapter 10: Was it Basil or Rosemary

Instead of a classic Taylor Swift quote, consider this a moment to appreciate the eleven released albums she has made.

Owen's POV:

We all wake up at the booty crack of dawn to meet in the living room. Me, Caire, and all four Sutherlands gather. We are all waiting for another guest to come to the house. Mrs.Sutherland began to explain. "As you all know we were given this house by Amity and in turn we welcome anyone appointed to us. Today we will be getting a new guest even though we usually don't have three guests here at once. As usual, we will make it work." Just then there was a knocking on the door and Mr.Sutherland opened the heavy wooden door. We were met with a boy with a suitcase and a preppy haircut. He was wearing a yellow shirt and he smiled to all of us. "Hi" he said. He came in hauling his suitcase. "My name is Blake Coriander. Thank you guys for letting me stay with you. He looked at me oddly, probably cause I was wearing Erudite blue, a sharp contrast to everyone else. I refuse to change who I am.

Everyone went around sharing their name like when I first came here. Now I was on their side. When it came to Clair Blake smiled at her. I look of disapproval came on Jeremiah's face. I can already see the drama unfolding. Jeremiah decides he won't put up with it and says "So what was your name again, basil or rosemary?" Blake found but carried on. "I work in the management of supply. I'm currently a junior manager but I soon plan on being a general manager. My last assessment is to figure out what happened to the two people who recently went missing under mysterious circumstances. They wanted me to come to this area because of strong evidence leads here."

We all nodded. Then Mrs. Sutherland broke the news which was breaking for me. "Since the bedrooms are all full ever since Eva dedicated a whole bedroom to her closet space we have to put you over here in the study." Now me and Jeremiah have one thing in common, we both don't like Blake coriander already. I wonder how old he is. Probably a year or two older than me I would guess. Everyone is so intrigued to find out about the disappearances. Blake because he wants to get promoted, Jeremiah because he thinks it has to do with some kind of secret spy, Eva because she wants to know the "tea", and Claire because her brother was one to go missing which is understandable. Little do they all know that I am one of the few who know what happened. My assignment from my boss to be here, the secret.