chapter 2 the hike in the woods

Chapter 2 the hike in the woods

Collier Campbell POV

I was looking forward to the blood moon. This one was gonna be closer to Earth. I was excited as I packed my bag with everything I needed.

I decided to wear white and blue sneakers, light blue skinny jeans, a blue shirt with a white crescent moon on it, a blue short-sleeved jacket.

I had a black messenger bag, I packed everything I needed for the long hike, I packed some snacks, binoculars, and my phone.

I left a note on my grandparents' fridge to let them know that I will be gone late at night, I had a key with me so I didn't have to worry if I got locked out.

Adjusting the straps of my black messenger bag securely on my shoulder, I made sure everything was in place for the long hike ahead one more time. The weight of the binoculars and the snacks I packed served as a reassuring reminder of the journey I was about to embark on.

At the woods

When I finally arrived at the woods, I was happy because I had a long day to explore the woods on the long bridge.

The bridge was made to go around in the woods. It was for safety reasons. The bridge was high up from the ground. It was to prevent wild animals from attacking or people from getting lost.

When I got on to the bridge, I was already over the water, I could see frogs and turtles, I smiled as took a couple pictures before I continue on.

I soon made to the waterfall and it was amazing, The bridge actually went behind the waterfall, There was a large cave for people to see behind the waterfall.

As I stood at the entrance of the dark cave behind the waterfall, the sound of the cascading water echoed off the walls, creating an eerie yet mesmerizing atmosphere. The dim light from my phone barely penetrated the darkness, casting long shadows that danced across the wet rocks.

As my eyes adjusted to the low light, I could make out the shapes of several wolves moving gracefully in the underground pool formed by the waterfall. Their wet fur glistened in the faint light, and their eyes gleamed with an otherworldly intensity as they locked their gaze on me.

"Hello wolves," I said as I waved my hand to them, I always found wolf's to be very adorable and seeing them here was very cute.

When I finally got away from the waterfall, I soon got to a field of my favorite flowers, sunflowers.

I only wish I could go down there to smell them, I definitely love the smell of sunflowers, I found the smell to be very sweet.

I definitely took a few pictures of the sunflowers before leaving the place.

After a few hours the Sun began to go down.

The evening air was cool and crisp as I stepped outside, the sky gradually darkening as the sun began its descent below the horizon.

The chirping of crickets and the rustling of leaves in the gentle breeze created a soothing ambiance, adding to the mystical atmosphere of the impending lunar spectacle.

It was a beautiful sunset as I continued to walk but then i stop when I noticed there's something in the distance, I took out my binoculars and I look to see it was Woodville Pack apartment front gate.

The gates look a lot bigger, The walls were made out of stone, I remember Hearing this apartment place used to be a small village as It's been around for 200 years But was turning to apartment complex over 80 years ago.

I wish I could go there and see the place but since I have no relatives living there I wouldn't be allowed in even if I was just wanted to look around I heard they don't allow that.

The Sun was now down, I had reached the end of the bridge, At the end of the bridge It took the form of a large circle where people could book around.

There were benches here as I took a site and relax, I pulled out my phone showing the pictures I took on my account for my family and friends to see.

Time went by and I was excited as I was finally aboutt seeing the blood moon.

I look up as the moon slowly turns red, It was way more closer to the earth to making look bigger, It was more redder than previous blood moons.

I smile as This was such a rare event for me to be a part of, It was truly a beautiful sight and I just want to relax and enjoy this moment.

However the good mood was soon ruin, I suddenly heard growling, I ignore it thinking it came down below, but then I heard a voice and it growl, "mate!"

That got me to jump a bit, I couldn't see anything as it was dark but then I turned my phone light and at the side of the bridge I saw a wolf was here and it made me froze.

To be continued...