Chapter 32

POV: Malakai

She broke me. Utterly broke me.

For the past week I've been in my room and not going outside.

I didn't go to school, I didn't eat hell I didn't even shower.

My moms had to feed me because I didn't have the will for it or anything for that matter.

They were really worried and just assumed that me and Delilah broken up. Which isn't true because we were never even together.

I wasn't even half this bad when my real girlfriend broke up with me. I was a bit down but this. This is different. It was like not only did she break my heart she took it out with her.

I have to go to school soon because I have a team who counts on me and we have the last match as Sophomore's Because in literally over a week we will have a summer break and afterward we will be seniors.

And on that last day of the week, we will have a prom. To celebrate the chosen captain.
It's a weird tradition but it's ours.

But I think that Sean will be the captain because I don't give a flying shit. Not anymore.

All I can think about is her soft lips kissing me with so much emotion like she was trying to tell me something I didn't understand. And just run away.

And her beautiful eyes crying. I made her cry.
And I hate myself for it.

She gave me hope that she felt the same way. I mean why kiss me if she was just going to destroy me? I felt the tears down my cheeks for the hundredth time.

To be honest I didn't think that I would be able to cry any more than I have already.

I heard a knock on my door but I didn't even care enough to say anything. That's another thing I haven't talked about. At all.

My door opened to Leah, she had a sad smile as she got in and closed the door.

"Hello my baby sister," She walked to my bed and laid on the right side of the bed so she was face to-face to me.

"I know that nothing me or anyone can say to make you feel better but you need to get up Kai you've been away from school for a whole week," She sighed as she wiped off my never-ending tears.

"You already know that if you do not go to school today you will lose the captain position. It's the last match of your sophomore year," She tried to convince me but I felt nothing.

"Delilah will be there," She spoke Making my eyes snap back at her as soon as I heard her name.

I tried to talk to Delilah more times by going over to the house her aunt was at. But her aunt Wilma said that she had no idea where she was.

So I asked if she was at her parent's house but she just shook her head with a sad smile and said I have no idea.

And then I tried to talk to her three friends but those idiots didn't say anything. Mia came to me two days later and said that they dropped her at an airport but that's all Sophie told her.

That made my heart break even more.
I thought that she left because she felt so disgusted Or maybe I freaked her out.

But that was the only time I got outside. I tried calling her and messaging her but it was never even read.

Although she did promise that she'll show up at the match. And My goddess never breaks a promise.

I didn't say anything as I hopped out of bed and into the bathroom to shower.

I WILL GET TO SEE HER.

That will be enough. Not hearing her angelic voice and not being able to see her goddess-like face destroyed me.

The match starts at six and it's 5:30 right now so I'll make it.

After I got out of the shower I brushed my teeth got dressed and rushed down the stairs.

My moms, Aaron, Blake, and Leah were there. Everyone but Leah looked shocked to see me but happy nonetheless.

"Time to go to the match," Ma had a proud smile on her face as she along with Mama stood up.

I grabbed my car keys and walked outside to my car. I was in a rush to see Delilah and I guess play.

I drove well over the speed limit and parked at the almost full parking lot. I got out of the car locked it and sprinted to Mia's and mine locker room.

It was empty there, I assumed Mia was already out in the field so I hurried up to put my uniform on and ran out.

"Nice for you to come miss Rewojones," Coach spoke angrily. But that didn't phase me as I looked around the full seated crowd to see the beautiful Delilah But I couldn't make an eye on her.

"Sorry coach, she was sick," Mia lied and apologized on my behalf as she slapped me on the back.

"We will talk about that later. But right now we need to win. We will play the station I gave you all two weeks ago. Please tell me you remember," Coach asked. I gave a mere nod as a whistle was heard. All of the team yelled out "WILLOW CREEK!" Except me.

We ran to the field. It was dark but the lights helped.

I wasn't prepared so it wasn't a big surprise I screw it up.

I didn't even care all I cared about was getting a look at Delilah's eyes.

I hear Coach whistle and pull a sweaty me to the bench.

"What is wrong with you?" My five-year-old can play better," She hissed out.
I didn't say anything as I still looked at the crowd.

"You need to get in the right headspace now," She growled out but there was a much louder sound.

"GO MALLY," Was heard from the dark onyx-eyed girl I made eye contact with. The smile spread on my face automatically.

She had my number uniform I gave her some weeks ago. And she looks so beautiful in my clothes. Well in everything.

I saw her with a big white microphone I'm pretty sure she stole it from Principal O'Connor. Everyone had their eyes on her but she only had her eyes on me.

"YOU CAN TOTALLY BEAT SEANS ASS," She used the microphone making the crowd laugh. Including me and the coach. Although Sean is on my team.

"OH, AND YOU OWE ME MANY LUNCHES," The crowd laughing was heard more as she made my heart feel like I had run a marathon.

"OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH, MISS MONRO- the microphone was cut off by my principal O'Connor as she ripped it out of my goddess hands With a stern look.

"That probably got you in the headspace. So go," Coach tried to hide her giggling as Delilah tried to take the microphone back.

I just had a permanent smile on my face as I ran into the field.

All I could think about was as soon as this is over I'll get to look at my goddess again.

I won't stop loving her in my life and I'll do everything in my power to at least stay in it.

Because without her I'm nothing.

Authors; note

Fun fact time, did y'all know that Dead bodies can get goosebumps?

Don't ask me how I know that one ✋🏾

Anyways Thank You So Much For Reading My Beautiful Readers!👩🏾‍🏫