Fate's Unbreakable Bond (I'm Still Here)

Hello! Welcome to U.A. High School. Where we strive to teach our students to be the best upcoming heroes they can be. Our beloved Symbol of Peace, the #1 Hero, All Might, once attended our school. Under the leadership of our intelligent Pro Hero, Principle Nezu, there's nothing this school can't teach. A commercial, created by a student reporter and the broadcasting club, plays throughout the school. It's been about six months since the new school year began. A first year student walked through the halls, heading towards class 1-A.

A young man with the head of a black bird. Another young man with red and white hair and a scar around his left eye runs past him, carrying a blue feather in his hand. "Slow down Todoroki, you're getting obsessed with finding this thing!" a young man with blue hair and glasses called out to him. He turns towards the young man. "Apologies, Tokoyami, Todoroki found another one of those blue feathers in the halls again and thinks this school has a giant bird hidden here." He bows.

"I WILL FIND THE BIRD, IIDA! JUST YOU WAIT! I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS MYSTERY!" Todoroki said.

"A blue feather?" Tokoyami asked. Dark Shadow appears as they look at each other. "Could it be possible, Dark Shadow?"

"You should know by now that it's not her Tokoyami." He said.

"I know. She's been missing for almost ten years now." Tokoyami said.

"Who are you talking about?" Iida asked.

"And old friend." Shadow said in a saddened tone.

"I FOUND ANOTHER FEATHER! IT'S CLOSE, I CAN FEEL IT!" Todoroki called out in excitement.

"I think we need to have a look at one of those feathers he keeps finding." Shadow said before he disappeared.

"Is it possible that this bird isn't really a bird?" Iida asked as he looked at him.

"Not sure" He said as he looked down, crossing his arms.

As he walks alongside Iida, He thinks back to when he was a child, no older than three, playing with a little girl with wavy red hair and blue unpreened wings. He thinks back to the day when he first lost control of Dark Shadow at the age of six. It was the same little girl that helped him calm down and regain control. At the age of seven was the mission where her adopted mother, "Shrinky Dink", passed away. Her sidekick, "Frankenstein" disappeared, and Mt. Lady, a UA first year Interning with them at the time, came up to him and his family with a small bundle of blue feathers in her hands.

He was crying as he took the feathers from her. The heroes looked for the child for two months before calling it quits and presumed that she had died. He continued to search even after the heroes had given up. He would sneak out of the house every night for the next five years to look for her until he turned twelve. Although he had stopped searching for her. He never stopped believing that she was still alive somewhere to this day.

"ANOTHER FEATHER! I'm close to findi-...... THE BIRD!" Todoroki said as he pointed to what appears to be part of a blue wing turning the corner and into the ladies bathroom. "DAMMIT! The forbidden sanctum of flower smells and beauty enhancements."

"The ladies room." Iida said.

"The bird must be a female if it's walking into the forbidden sanctum." Todoroki said.

"Or they could be a janitor or a custodian for the school." Iida said as he adjusted his glasses.

"Or a student from a different class than us." Tokoyami said. As the boys are talking, Dark Shadow appears without Tokoyami noticing, and quietly opens the door to the ladies bathroom. He peeks in and sees a girl around their age not in a student uniform, mopping the floors, humming to herself. His eyes widened as he immediately recognized who she was. Long wavy red hair tied into a ponytail with unpreened and clipped blue wings. The girl went by the name, Reika Takami. He closed the door as he realized that she was being watched. "Dark Shadow, what are you doing?" Tokoyami asked as he looked down at him with suspicion in his voice and a raised eyebrow.