Boys Day Out

As Tokoyami was preening her wings, Hawks walked over to examine his work. “Interesting. How did you learn to preen her wings like a professional? You’ve only been doing this for a few months.” He asked.

“Memorized a book on preening when I was growing up. It also taught me how to wash and clean them as well” Tokoyami said, concentrating on her wings.

“Well I’ll be damned. You were prepared to take care of her.” He said as he smiled slyly.

“I’ll always take care of her. I may not always be around to protect her, but I want to do everything I can for her when I’m with her.” He simply said.

“You sound like you’re going somewhere far away.” Reika said as she glanced back at him.

“Never without you, Rei.” He said as he smiled.

“Well look at that, you even know how to shape up the wings to make them look natural.” Hawks said.

“Who helps you with your wings, Hawks?” Reika asked as she looked at him with curious eyes. He looked at her and smiled.

“Sadly I don’t have a special someone to work on my wings for me like you do. I’ve been preening my own wings since I was young. I was never very good at it though.” He explained.

“Maybe you can have Fumi try preening them for you. He always preened mine.” She said as she looked at him with a smile.

“Every time Fumikage preened her wings, she always fell asleep, it feels that good to her.” Dark Shadow said.

“Th-That’s not true!” She said as she blushed a little. She jumped as a little squeak escaped her mouth.

“Yes it is. Don’t lie.” Dark Shadow said slyly.

Hawks laughed. “Oh my god that was adorable!” He said as he calmed down to a chuckle.

“Okay! Which one of you poked my side?” She asked as she glared at the two of them. They pointed at each other.

“He did it.” They both said at the same time.

She continued to glare at them in anger as Hawks continued to laugh. “Screw you both.” She muttered to herself.

Tokoyami gently pulled her back towards him and whispered in her ear. “Not till our wedding night, love. Though I’m not sure how you could screw an entity of darkness.” He whispered before kissing the back of her neck, making her shutter. She turned her head towards him but before she could say anything, he kissed her lips gently.

Hawks looks at them with a surprised look on his face, speechless. When he broke the kiss seconds later, Reika’s cheeks became a bright red as she turned around, hiding her face with her hair. He looks at her and smiles lovingly before reaching over to grab a hair brush from the nightstand and starts brushing her hair. After he had Preened her other wing and brushed her hair, they noticed that she was fast asleep. “What I tell ya. Sleeping like a baby.” Dark Shadow said.

“I don’t think it’s because it feels good to her, I think it’s because she’s comfortable with you touching them. When she was a newborn, she would only let me touch her wings. When mom tried to touch them, she would cry and hold her arms out for me.” Hawks explained.

“According to what Shri-...Aunt Serena said to mom and dad, she wouldn’t let anyone touch her wings but me until she was about a year old when they needed to be washed. She would always cry and hold her arms out for me or Aunt Serena. Now she only lets me, Shadow, and mom touch them.” Tokoyami said as he tied the back of her gown. He gets up and gently sets her down so she could sleep comfortably. He kisses her forehead before walking away.