6 : The Beginning Of Them

There she was, standing in front of me, the woman I've dreamt of, looking visibly tense with sweat trickling down her forehead

There she was, standing in front of me, the woman I've dreamt of, looking visibly tense with sweat trickling down her forehead. Anyone would be tense in such a situation.

I had come to discuss the event with her, but upon reaching her place, I heard a scream that piqued my curiosity.

Following the sound, I found her in the kitchen, holding her head and clearly distressed. A crying mess. It stirred something inside me to see her like this, and I couldn't resist going over to comfort her.

As she sobbed and insisted that she hadn't done anything wrong, I couldn't help but wonder what she was again referring to. What was bothering her so much?

I wondered if she understood that her tears were not just hers, but they pierced through me too, stirring emotions I didn't know I had.

It's heartwarming to reminisce about the day I discovered her fondness for Lord Krishna's Flute music. I hurriedly approached my mother and inquired about the Shlok she used to chant during moments of trouble or happiness. I made sure to learn it just in case and softly chanted it in her ears.

After she calmed down a bit, she stood hesitantly in front of me, almost as if she had come to my house instead of me.

"Advika, listen, it's not your fault. It's okay to feel anxious or scared sometimes. You can always reach out to me whenever you need to," I reassured her, the last part slipping out without me even realizing it. How would she reach out to me when she barely knew me?

She nodded curtly, still tense. I let out a sigh and bent down to pick up her phone, which had fallen to the floor.

Our hands accidentally brushed against each other, and as I looked up, we locked eyes for a moment. It was interrupted by her phone ringing, once again breaking our connection.

Why does it always have to be the phone? I thought to myself, feeling a sense of nostalgia. The first time we met, our moment was interrupted by a phone call too.

She cleared her throat, and I handed her the phone, trying to shake off the strange yet familiar feeling lingering between us.

"Jii, bhaiya?" she answered, her voice softening with concern. As she listened to the other party on the phone, I observed a shift in her expression, a subtle realization dawning upon her.

"Mhm, abhi? Theek hai," she replied before ending the call. Her eyes returned to mine.
[Mhm, now? Alright,]

"Aap baithiye, bhaiya is on the way," she gestured towards the couch, guiding me to sit down.
[Please sit down,]

I recalled telling Yash about my intention to discuss the event with Advika, prompting him to inform her about my visit. Although he mentioned he would return home soon, I arrived earlier than expected.

The kitchen was spacious, with the dining table positioned in front of the counter. I poured a glass of water and handed it to her. She hesitated for a moment before accepting it, her eyes meeting mine gratefully.