9 : Dakshit Chowdhury

Avinash leaned back in his chair, exhaustion evident in the way he closed his eyes

Avinash leaned back in his chair, exhaustion evident in the way he closed his eyes. His days were always filled with intense work, being the CFO of the company meant handling numerous business matters.

The sudden ringing of his phone snapped him out of his fatigue. Glancing at the screen, he saw the caller ID: Wifey.

With a quick response, he picked up the phone, mustering a bright smile.

"Hello," he greeted warmly.

"Hey, Avi," Ishika, his fiancée, responds from the other end. "How are you?"

"Arey, biwi, pucho mat! Itna kaam... My wedding is in less than a month away, and yaha inko kaam ki padi hai."

[Oh, wife, don't even ask! So much work... My wedding is less than a month away, and we're all caught up in work here.]

"Your wife will be me, not some ghost. We're not married yet," she replies playfully. "And of course, if you work, then you'll be free on our wedding day, right?"

"Hmm, meri maa, tell me, how are you feeling today?"

"Mhm, I feel tired- ouch!" Ishika hisses, interrupted by a sudden pain.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Avinash asks, concern evident in his voice.

"It's nothing, just a minor touch on my hand. Never mind. Carry on with your work; we can talk later," she assures him.

"But-" Avinash's sentence trails off as she hangs up without waiting for him to finish.

He shakes his head with a chuckle and returns to his work.

The past week had been a whirlwind of hectic activity as they tried to sort out their upcoming wedding vacation amidst their busy schedules. The entire family was engrossed in preparations, leaving little time for leisure.

* * * * *

"Ouch!" a female voice exclaimed as she entered the vintage cafe. The atmosphere inside was quiet, with only a few persons scattered about. The walls were adorned in light brown and yellow hues, adorned with paintings, posters, and charming lanterns.

The wooden floor creaked softly underfoot as people moved around. The woman rubbed her forehead, still wincing from the bump, and turned around to find herself face to face with a solid chest. She was none other than Shravani Raichand, the only daughter of the Raichand family.

She exuded a cheerful personality that naturally drew people towards her. Shravani was adored by her family for her bubbly nature.

Her attire that day consisted of a full-length skirt paired with a cute tank top, her hair cascading freely around her shoulders, highlighting her ivory skin, captivating eyes, and a perfectly buttoned nose.

Facing her was a tall man dressed in casual pants and a hoodie. There was an undeniable charm about him that immediately captured her attention, his ocean blue eyes holding her gaze.